Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: studs 'n nuts, oh boy!
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
Blainefab
Spring is here, coons are in rut, time to check your studs 'n nuts. I got lots of nuts, way overstocked actually, so I'm going to ship them free to the lower 48 states.

Cost is $32 for a set of 20 Dorman M12x1.5 (OEM 3/4th genFbody and C4/C5/C6 size) open bulge lug nuts.

These are fully threaded, have high quality plating that won't flake off and jam a thread. They weigh 37grams each - and are steel - the only material that should ever be trusted to hold a wheel on, and cheap enough to life out every season or so.

I've got 15 sets of these, when they are gone I'll go back to charging for shipping.

I also have ARP studs in stock. 100-7708 2.5" long $32/5 pack. Buy the studs with a set of nuts and I'll do free shipping on the studs too

edit 2/13/18 ARP prices doubled, oof
slowTA
I'll take a set of the lug nuts, had 2 get galled up on me tonight!

Paypal to your cruzio e-mail address work?
Steve91T
Me too.
Blainefab
QUOTE (slowTA @ Apr 2 2015, 05:59 PM) *

Yes - that's the one. I can ship tomorrow

Thanks!
Blainefab
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Apr 2 2015, 06:44 PM) *
Me too.

Same email as before: a blaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

Thanks!
Blainefab
QUOTE (slowTA @ Apr 2 2015, 05:59 PM) *

Chris - Your nuts are on the way via USPS Priority Mail, you should have them Mon or Tues.
Steve91T
Moneys sent
Blainefab
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Apr 4 2015, 03:31 AM) *
Moneys sent

Steve - Shoot me an email with your current address, PayPal did not include it.
Blainefab
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Apr 4 2015, 03:31 AM) *
Moneys sent

Steve - Your nuts are on the way, you'll have Thurs or Fri.

Lots more left
SS Performance
Alan

I'll take 20 lug nuts & 20 ARP wheel studs.

I sent you an e-mail.

Thanks
Craig
Blainefab
QUOTE (SS Performance @ Apr 11 2015, 10:16 AM) *
Alan

I'll take 20 lug nuts & 20 ARP wheel studs.

I sent you an e-mail.

Thanks
Craig

Craig - On the way, you'll have Wed
Blainefab
Got lots of these left - still $32 for a set of 20 shipped to your door. They still weigh 37.6 grams ea.

If your car is subject to tech inspection, the tech inspector will want to see the studs at least flush with the outside of the lug nuts, so these will work on OEM studs without spacers, or with the 2.5" ARP's with spacers less than 5/8" thick.

If you are using long (popular non steel) lugnuts and your studs aren't flush, be prepared to remove a nut and count threads engaged for the tech inspector, if he's not in a hurry.

The difference in weight from these (38grams) to aluminum (25grams) is 13 grams per nut = 65 grams per wheel. That is 2.3oz - consider that a big 'ol tire booger can weigh an ounce, and will affect the rotational inertia a lot more than anything at the hub.

20 nuts weigh 1# 10.5oz total

Blainefab
Another season is here - got any loose nuts? These will fix things.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.