Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: well, here goes again
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
irishracer
hello all...after a couple years of crossing over to a c6 z06, and a teenager who decided i didn't want to keep that car (hit me head-on), i am back in the fbody game. while looking for a replacement for the vette, i found a smoking deal on a 2000 firehawk that i just couldn't pass up. and, as they say, the rest is history. already done a couple HPDEs and autocrosses, and looking forward to many more. and glad to be back here as well. corvette forums are so....well you know laugh.gif

i'll post a pic or 2 of the car...as soon as i figure out how. bear with me..lol

are there still stickers to be had? tshirts perhaps?
trackbird
QUOTE (gearhead @ Apr 28 2015, 06:49 AM) *
hello all...after a couple years of crossing over to a c6 z06, and a teenager who decided i didn't want to keep that car (hit me head-on), i am back in the fbody game. while looking for a replacement for the vette, i found a smoking deal on a 2000 firehawk that i just couldn't pass up. and, as they say, the rest is history. already done a couple HPDEs and autocrosses, and looking forward to many more. and glad to be back here as well. corvette forums are so....well you know laugh.gif

i'll post a pic or 2 of the car...as soon as i figure out how. bear with me..lol

are there still stickers to be had? tshirts perhaps?

I still have a few stickers. There's a decal thread, but I haven't been very good about keeping up with it. I need to place an order for more decals and see who still needs them.

I've been playing with a 1991 Corvette (and wishing I'd bought an old IROC instead). I've found Corvette forums to be interesting, there is some amazing tech and a lot of random stuff. Most of the tech is the same 3 or 4 guys.

I've been looking around for another 4th gen with T tops, but I haven't found anything yet. People are asking more than I got out of the SOM SS I sold last year with 35k miles on it.

Welcome back!
LS1Torq
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the Z06 sad.gif That's tough to get something like that torn away from you.

As much as the engineer in me wants a vette, I research the cost of parts and repairs plus some of the complexities and compare to my 4th gen... I end up satisfied with its simplicity and cost while still supplying the smiles
irishracer
QUOTE (trackbird @ Apr 28 2015, 05:58 AM) *
I still have a few stickers. There's a decal thread, but I haven't been very good about keeping up with it. I need to place an order for more decals and see who still needs them.

I've been playing with a 1991 Corvette (and wishing I'd bought an old IROC instead). I've found Corvette forums to be interesting, there is some amazing tech and a lot of random stuff. Most of the tech is the same 3 or 4 guys.

I've been looking around for another 4th gen with T tops, but I haven't found anything yet. People are asking more than I got out of the SOM SS I sold last year with 35k miles on it.

Welcome back!

i'd like a white 4th gen t/a sticker whenever you get an order together. please and thanks.

yeah, a few of my friends who are looking to get back into 4th gens and i have noticed how they have leaped in price, especially if you want a 6spd or anything special -slp cars, certain colors, etc- they are sometimes more than you can get a decent c5 for....but fbodies are in my blood lol there's just something about them i'll always love

QUOTE (LS1Torq @ Apr 28 2015, 09:21 AM) *
Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the Z06 sad.gif That's tough to get something like that torn away from you.

As much as the engineer in me wants a vette, I research the cost of parts and repairs plus some of the complexities and compare to my 4th gen... I end up satisfied with its simplicity and cost while still supplying the smiles

oh yeah, it hurt pretty bad, literally and figuratively, when that happened. i do miss it quite a bit, but like i said, there's just something about the fbodies that always make me smile. and there is nothing cheap about a c6z, let me tell you. not as bad as you might think, but still not like fbody ownership. especially if you like to race. i have toyed with the idea of picking up a cheap c5 to make a dedicated track car, but then i have to remind myself that the last thing i need is 2 projects at once.

thanks guys!

p.s. how do i post pics without having to use the url tab? sorry, i'm not very good at computers blink.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (gearhead @ Apr 29 2015, 05:50 AM) *
p.s. how do i post pics without having to use the url tab? sorry, i'm not very good at computers blink.gif

You have to set up an account with photobucket or similar and link them from there. Due to limited bandwidth, only staff can attach pics to the board.

Yea, I "gave away" my 2007 Chevy 3500 a few years ago (based on truck prices of today...I think I'd pay more now to buy it back than I sold it for two years ago). The SS was the same way, if I believe the current asking prices....I gave that one away too. wink.gif

And C4 parts are expensive and rare. The stuff you can find is really expensive and the rest of it is unobtanium.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.