Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1991 Corvette with FAST XFI system
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
trackbird
I've decided to sell my 1991 Corvette M6. This is going to be a little long, but here's the scoop...

I had a 1992 Z28 autocross car and I decided I wanted a street car. I pulled the engine out of the Z28 (approximately 1,200 miles on it since it was built) and bought a Corvette. I put a set of Trick Flow 175 heads on it and a TPIS Miniram II as well as a TPIS throttle body and did a complete tear down and refresh before putting it in the Corvette (rod/main bearings, had the crank polished, new cam bearings, all gaskets and seals, new heads, new intake, new throttle body). I bought a Canton road race pan for it, stainless works long tube headers and a Dewitt radiator and started putting it together. The transmission was converted to crash through and a Hurst shifter was installed. I also ordered all the weather stripping for it and changed some (the rest is in a box) as I had time. It also has a new center console lid and new sun visors. The heads, intake, clutch, flywheel and distributor have about 85 miles on them, the throttle body and injectors are less than that and I installed the Borla kit after the rest was done. I've paid for two proms from two reputable places and eventually gave up and installed a full FAST XFI 2.05 EFI system. This took care of things and the car runs quite well now.

It's red with black leather and has 118 k miles on the chassis and a 6 speed with 3.45 gears (dual power seats, electronic climate controls).

I'll save time and just start a parts list:

350 bored .020 over with splayed main caps and two bolt studs (and a billet front bearing cap on the #1 main)
Forged crank (ZZ3 crank)
Lunati Street Race rods (5.7") with floating pins.
KB Signature Series 12cc dished pistons
Speed Pro plasma moly file fit rings
zero decked, torque plate honed and line bored.
Clevite bearings
Melling oil pump
Cloyes double roller chain
Comp cams 220/230 .510/.510 cam (114 lobe separation)
Comp roller lifters
Comp pushrods
Comp Cams chromoly 1.52 roller rockers (7/16" studs)
Canton 7 quart road race oil pan (5 trap door baffles)
Moroso aluminum valve covers with a screw on cap TIG welded on
Trick flow 175 heads (10.49:1 counting decking, head gaskets and all)
ARP 7/16" rocker studs
ARP head bolts
ARP header studs
ARP oil pan, timing cover, etc bolts
ARP Pro series flywheel bolts
ARP harmonic balancer bolt
Jegs billet aluminum distributor hold down
TPIS Miniram II (1205 gasket)
Accell 36 lb/hr injectors
TPIS 58mm throttle body
Davis Unified ignition HEI distributor
MSD gear reduction starter
MSD plug wires
ATI lightweight aluminum Superdamper (3 ring, road race version with aluminum shell)
Aluminum adjustable timing pointer
Stainless works long tube headers (with air system removed and the holes TIG welded closed)
Magnaflow Cat
Borla cat back
DeWitt 1.5" fabricated aluminum radiator
Hurst shifter (gearbox was converted to crash through)
Hurst 6 speed shift knob (black with white numbers/markings)
Walboro 255 lph fuel pump (Racetronix kit)
Goodyear hoses
New power steering hoses and remanufactured pump
Alternator was replaced last month (reman from a parts store)
2 piece under drive pulley set
Edelbrock water pump
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Centerforce dual friction clutch
New 275/40-17 Sumitomo summer tires
2 total sets of sawblades
J55 brakes (on the car)
Spare drive axles (rear, aluminum)
4 U joints for the rear axles (still in boxes)
New U joints in the driveshaft
Non crash through shift shaft from the ZF gearbox
Brembo "Sport" brake pads (on the car, and a set new in the box)
Metal Master brake pads (in a box)
New strap kit for mounting the rear axle U joints (still in a box)
Monroe Sensatrac shocks (40 miles on those, the shocks on the car had lost their oil and these were put on as a temporary improvement until I got it tuned)
Accell 36 lb injectors
A box of weather stripping (the stuff I haven't installed)
Both tops (tinted and body color)
JVC in dash DVD player with hands free/bluetooth and Rockford rear speakers (fronts are in a box, I never got time to install those)
AC has been converted to R134 (but I was planning to change it back to R12).

I'm sure there's more and I'll go through the garage and update this. I'd rather find someone who wants to finish the tuning (it runs great, there's always some little things to do) and enjoy it instead of parting it out.

So, in a nutshell, if you like tuning these cars and want a car with a lot of nice stuff in it....look me up. You can't build it for this price.

Located on the west side of Columbus, OH.

trackbird (at) gmail dot com

$14,500
trackbird
$11,000

It's back for sale. It's running well. I've been driving it to work for most of last month. There is still an oil leak, I think it's the canton pan, but I'm not 100% sure. It comes with 2 tops, two sets of wheels, U joints for the rear axles, spare rear axles, a spare clutch fork and pivot ball ($200 in parts) and a bunch of other parts and pieces (about 8 sets of brake pads that are new in the box). You can't build it for this price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.