Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Coleman 4th Gen hubs
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
FASTFATBOY
FYI

dailydriver
Are people starting to use our cars in the 'street stock' roundy round classes??

I am VERY (pleasantly) surprised to see Coleman bring this kit to market.
79T/A
Will have to talk to them about this at PRI.

Downside to this versus Dulaney adapters is loss of abs.
GlennCMC70
These look 100% identical to what I made for mine.
They are not on the website yet.
I got the same flyer today.
Honda93
These should be more reliable (i.e. at least one full season of autocross on street tires at a minimum) before needing fresh bearings, yes?

Almost $1000 is a big investment compared to "free" Timkens - thanks to their warranty program (I get them through RockAuto).
79T/A
Bearings could probably go multiple seasons. Like an older GM car, you can tighten preload as the bearing wears, unlike a sealed 4th gen hub.
rocktman1
Wow, very interesting. I wouldn't have guessed we had the volume for Coleman.
BumpaD_Z28
WOW ! this looks fantastic smile.gif
v7guy
that does look very interesting, I'm pretty surprised they bothered.
JimMueller
You had my attention until the loss of ABS was mentioned.
SuperMacGuy
Wow great to have more options, after 20 years. But no ABS is a deal killer for me. But I got my C5 hub adapters already, so it's moot for me anyways.
robz71lm7
How in the heck did they justify this? Someone must be running these cars in a series that we're not aware exists.
dailydriver
QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Sep 27 2015, 01:21 PM) *
How in the heck did they justify this? Someone must be running these cars in a series that we're not aware exists.

That's why I asked about our rides getting popular in the oval track 'street stocks' classes. wink.gif

Or maybe they plan on selling a bunch to all the competitors in that Swedish 4th gen f body road race series, since they probably don't care about, or even keep the ABS??
GlennCMC70
Legal in CMC.
GNC Rick
What's wrong with eliminating ABS for a track only car ? They must've done that for a reason.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.