Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1992 Formula TPI383/T56
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Interceptor
92 Pontiac Firebird Formula, white with charcoal interior, factory TPI 5 spd car, 1 of 4 built like this according to Compnine. Original interior in great shape except missing headliner, converted to 4th gen console, has CD player w/ aftermarket speakers in stock locations. Originally a Carolina car, no rust. 12x,000 miles, can't remember, one small dent in front RH fender. Could use paint, 85-90 rubber spoiler is cracked per usual. Custom front air dam, still have the factory stuff. 3 sets of tires and rims.

Professionally built for endurance 383 SBC, 4-bolt mains, Patriot aluminum heads, Bore 4.031/stroke 3.75, flat top pistons, 11:1 compression, 280XFI roller cam. Custom hi-flow TPI setup (hand-built prototypes for the early hi-flow runners by Edelbrock etc), T56 6-speed transmission, Ram clutch. Factory ECM, dyno tuned w/ custom Eprom, 290 rwhp/370 rwtq. I'm sure there are more HP to be found, but plenty of grunt as it is. I do have a complete FAST bank-to-bank system available for anyone who wants to coax the last few HP out of it. Factory 9-bolt diff w/ 3.70 posi. LS1 front discs, 1LE rear discs, Hawk pads, Koni adjustable shocks/struts, aluminum 1LE driveshaft. AC delete, PS, PB, no other options.

Super solid 3rd gen car, reliable, fast, and fun. Built to run and drive, gets 20+ mpg highway with the deep overdrive. Not a showcar, excellent track car. No trades, scams, or test pilots, and I don't need any help selling the car. It is located in Calgary, AB. Asking $5900 US.

PM me with your email address for pics, I can't see where to attach them here.
trackbird
Can you send pics to trackbird (at) gmail dot com? How drivable is it? I'm looking for something fun to drive that I don't have to work on (though it is rather far away). wink.gif
Interceptor
Email sent
Interceptor
For the right price I might deliver it to somewhere on the Hot Rod Power Tour route. A buddy of mine is heading down from here.
ReEntryRacer
Too bad to see you sell that project after all the work and time. Will you try something new?
Interceptor
Not unless the proposed local track gets built near Drumheller. Latest word is the start date has been pushed from Spring 2016 to 2017. I can't afford to trailer a car out a full day each way (Vancouver or Washington) every time I want to run it.
ReEntryRacer
QUOTE (Interceptor @ Mar 7 2016, 05:51 AM) *
Not unless the proposed local track gets built near Drumheller. Latest word is the start date has been pushed from Spring 2016 to 2017. I can't afford to trailer a car out a full day each way (Vancouver or Washington) every time I want to run it.

I understand. I've been thinking of heading the other way, to the Castrol Track near Edmonton, for a couple of years now, but that's quite a haul from down here. But now with the current exchange rate, I think I'll do it this year instead of Laguna Seca. I hope you can get back into it when the new track gets built.
Interceptor
QUOTE (ReEntryRacer @ Mar 8 2016, 10:15 PM) *
I understand. I've been thinking of heading the other way, to the Castrol Track near Edmonton, for a couple of years now, but that's quite a haul from down here. But now with the current exchange rate, I think I'll do it this year instead of Laguna Seca. I hope you can get back into it when the new track gets built.

I ran at Castrol for a season of Time Attack and found it disappointing. A couple of fun parts but designed to be a short track for smaller cars; never got out of third gear. Just seemed like a lot of work to get around. I guess I was spoiled by Race City.
Interceptor
Bump. Someone should buy this car, it's a blast to drive and a waste to not be raced somewhere. Proven bulletproof so far. Lots more photos available if anyone is interested. Will deliver to the US border at Sweetgrass anytime if that helps.

Can anyone tell me how to post pics??
Interceptor
SOLD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.