Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally got my car weighed...
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Steve91T
I found a fab shop with a set of scales. They also welded on some control arm relocation brackets for me.

They tweaked the front coil overs and adjusted the panhard bar. This is with a 175 lb dude in the drivers seat and about 3/4 tank of gas.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the numbers? I just wanted to get it somewhat close for now. Once I get my LS1, I'll have it balanced again. Between the LS1 and a light weight flywheel, I'm guessing I'll drop another 80 lbs. that'll be nice.
JimMueller
I'd be happy with that!

Steve91T
Oh cool, thanks!
dailydriver
It's REALLY that hard to find good fab shops down there in the heart of 'roundy-round' country?!?

HERE it is near impossible, with the exception of Phoenix Racing, who charge like $250.00/hour+, but there I would expect you to be able to hit 10 of them with a baseball!
Steve91T
QUOTE (dailydriver @ Mar 9 2016, 04:48 PM) *
It's REALLY that hard to find good fab shops down there in the heart of 'roundy-round' country?!?

HERE it is near impossible, with the exception of Phoenix Racing, who charge like $250.00/hour+, but there I would expect you to be able to hit 10 of them with a baseball!

Ha no....took two phone calls. There are fab shops everywhere. I'm only a 1/2 mile away from Gibbs. Every few days I can hear them running engines on the dyno and practicing pit stops. Yesterday I was at Roush Parts. A whole ware house full of used NASCAR stuff. I could have spent all day in there. So cool. I walked out of there with some carbon fiber brake ducting and a whole bunch of hose for brake ducts and my fresh air helmet. So much cheaper than buying this stuff new.

The guy who set my suspension up and welded the relocation brackets only charged me $140.

I love living down here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.