Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA track nights
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
STFU racing
Just want to make sure everyone is familiar with SCCA new "track night in America" They are offering relatively cheap events at tracks all over the US to attempt to get people interested in road racing. I'll be doing my first event April 25th at NOLA.

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events
Steve91T
I'm doing my first one April 7th at CMP (same track I was just at). I'm looking forward to seeing how it is. I can't wait to be on track on a nice spring evening (it's probably going to rain).

I'll let you know how it goes. I think they do have instructors available for first timers like yourself. Have you checked into that?
rocky
Sweet! Dominion Raceway is doing this. I need to get my clutch pedal figured out
STFU racing
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Mar 15 2016, 09:10 PM) *
I'm doing my first one April 7th at CMP (same track I was just at). I'm looking forward to seeing how it is. I can't wait to be on track on a nice spring evening (it's probably going to rain).

I'll let you know how it goes. I think they do have instructors available for first timers like yourself. Have you checked into that?

I had a few friends do this last year, I need to get with them and see if they offer instructors or allow experienced guys to ride.
mr.beachcomber
QUOTE (STFU racing @ Mar 16 2016, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Mar 15 2016, 09:10 PM) *

I had a few friends do this last year, I need to get with them and see if they offer instructors or allow experienced guys to ride.

Depending upon the SCCA region staffing the event, there may be instructors available for first timers. Please inquire ahead of time. At Atlanta Motorsports Park TNiA events last year, it was bring your own instructor for on-track instruction. (Some drivers were very serious about this so I saw Randy Pobst instruct there a couple of times.) There's always a post session debriefing for the drivers after each 20 minute session.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.