Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NGK TR55ix plugs, only 400 miles
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
SuperMacGuy
Used set of plugs, NGK TR55ix the iridium tip. I used them for 400 miles and then before I took my car for tuning the tuner said to get different ones. So, they are low mileage. I used anti sieze on them and dielectric grease. Seems a waste to throw them out for so few miles when they can last a long time.
These are the ones Strano sells on his site.
$30 shipped?

dailydriver
What did he tell you to install, the regular V-Power copper cores??
SuperMacGuy
he said tr6 so i got the TR6 ix iridium. i didn't want a downgrade ;-)
dailydriver
Which tuner do you use??
SuperMacGuy
Jeremy at FasterPROMs
dailydriver
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ Apr 18 2016, 06:27 PM) *
Jeremy at FasterPROMs

Do they have a portable dyno which they brought up to Pa. to tune your car (when they were up here), or did you go mail order only?
SuperMacGuy
He comes up to PA to a shop that has a dyno, so it was on-dyno tune and then we went on street for a bit to confirm and tweak. It was well worth it for me, it was running really lean and it was much improved now. I can feel it has more oomph and less high rpm knocks/pings that it had before.
dailydriver
Which shop does he visit in our area to dyno tune??
SuperMacGuy
He comes to Keith's pit stop in Gettysburg, it's a really small place on 30. Will be back again in fall, call to get on the list and they'll call when he schedules a week.

Btw plugs not for sale, just throwing out now.
mikedamageinc
So the colder plug helped ping/knock? What is your engine setup? Just wondering since usually people use the 6 when going nitrous.
SuperMacGuy
No the A/F ratio was bad, I think the plugs were insurance for handling more power. I'm not really an expert on ignition. Jeremy just said my car was 'super lean' and he seemed surprised at how far lean it was, so he added "over 20%" to the maps. I just said "OK you're the expert" and let him figure it out. Runs better now, that's all I care about.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.