Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adjustable rear sway bar Strano
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
DAlgozine
FOR SALE

Used Strano rear adjustable sway bar
Great shape. Needs "U" bolts to attach to axle tubes. You get everything in the photos below.
New its $240
Asking $185 $175 or best offer, plus shipping, add 3% for Paypal

Link to Strano site with details
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php...6&ModelID=7

JimMueller
Strano Performance 22mm hollow Adjustable: Approximately 200, 230, 275 lbs/in

Hmm, I wonder what those rates translate into for a solid bar. I might be interested if one of those values is insignificantly different than the rate for my 24mm solid bar. What type of bushing material is that in the endlinks, poly, rubber? The material looks a little ragged, where do you get replacement bushings and how to you swap out the bushings?

I previously estimated (not actually measured since it was installed) my current GM 24mm bar with these measurements:
Arm: 222.25mm
Bar length: 876.3mm
OD: 23.5mm

With those assumptions, I came up with a 242lb spring rate. Regardless how accurate that is, I'm really happy with the car's balance and I don't want to change that. I do like the adjustable endlinks in your kit, though.
79T/A
Just a heads up - give hellwig a call for the missing hardware. I needed some new hardware for mine last year, they sent me a complete hardware kit free of charge. They had great customer service.
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (JimMueller @ May 4 2016, 12:01 PM) *

Hmm, I wonder what those rates translate into for a solid bar. I might be interested if one of those values is insignificantly different than the rate for my 24mm solid bar. What type of bushing material is that in the endlinks, poly, rubber? The material looks a little ragged, where do you get replacement bushings and how to you swap out the bushings?

I previously estimated (not actually measured since it was installed) my current GM 24mm bar with these measurements:

With those assumptions, I came up with a 242lb spring rate. Regardless how accurate that is, I'm really happy with the car's balance and I don't want to change that. I do like the adjustable endlinks in your kit, though.

Details from Strano's site:

DAlgozine
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ May 4 2016, 02:51 PM) *
QUOTE (JimMueller @ May 4 2016, 12:01 PM) *

Details from Strano's site:

Anyone know lbs/in for the following rear sway bars, listed below:
(in order to compare to the 200, 230, 275 lbs/in of Strano Performance 22mm hollow Adjustable)

21mm solid
22 mm solid
22 mm hollow (strano)
24 mm solid
JimMueller
There's an old sticky here but it doesn't seem to be all inclusive.

http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?s=&...st&p=139495
DAlgozine
The only parts missing are the "U" bolts to attach to the axle tubes. You should be able to reuse your existing stock "U" bolts

$ 185 $175 OBO , plus shipping
DAlgozine
Price drop $175 OBO, plus shipping
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.