Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Power Steering Reservoir O-Ring
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
creeper
I have a bad leak between the reservoir and the pump on my 00' TA, and I really can't find much info on the O ring for the slip fit. With all of the hot rod sites selling these things with detailed specs on fittings and adapters I can't believe no one lists the O ring size for the reservoir. I just went out and bought a pump rebuild kit hoping it would be included but after opening the instructions it lists it as "GM 1960 and up" and all of the diagrams show an early saginaw. Anyone have any information?

Thanks
V84ME
QUOTE (creeper @ May 23 2016, 08:50 PM) *
I have a bad leak between the reservoir and the pump on my 00' TA, and I really can't find much info on the O ring for the slip fit. With all of the hot rod sites selling these things with detailed specs on fittings and adapters I can't believe no one lists the O ring size for the reservoir. I just went out and bought a pump rebuild kit hoping it would be included but after opening the instructions it lists it as "GM 1960 and up" and all of the diagrams show an early saginaw. Anyone have any information?

Thanks

I would suspect that if it is an O Ring in the pump, it would be a "standard" size. By that I mean that is complies with industry standard AS568.
SO, if you pull out the existing ring, and measure the part, you might find a match in AS568, so you only then need to procure
the part in an appropriate material. Of course, there is always the chance the part is metric, or even worse, proprietary.
BUT, if it is in a rotating application, it may not be a simple O ring.
creeper
The Type II / TC pumps are Metric to my knowledge, it simply seals the reservoir tube to the port in the top of the pump. I'm going to pull it apart and try to measure what is in there, but I'm not entirely sure that it's correct to begin with since it leaked immediately after I replaced it last time. It's a PSC rebuilt pump that's working great so I don't want to replace the whole assembly for a simple O ring.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.