Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trackbrackets are available again
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
trackbird
There's a fresh batch of Trackbrackets coming for the C5/C6 brake conversion on the 4th gen Camaro/Firebird. I just received word that they are back in production and should be available soon. I'm not allowed to advertise these any less than $188.33 so that's what I have to list as the price. For that price I will cover the freight charges in the 48 states.

If you're interested, let me know (post here or PM me) and I'll do my best to take care of you.

Thanks!

Kevin
Steve91T
What's the difference between C5 and C6 brakes again? I've already got C5 brakes on my car. Just wondering if I can go to C6.
trackbird
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Jun 13 2016, 11:41 AM) *
What's the difference between C5 and C6 brakes again? I've already got C5 brakes on my car. Just wondering if I can go to C6.

The C6 uses a thicker "cheek" (the surface/plate the pad rides on) and thinner vanes. The base C6 brakes are basically C5 brakes with an upgraded (heavy duty) rotor.

If you get the Z51 pad abutment brackets, you can move up to the larger (13.6" as I remember) rotor and use the same calipers you have. Wheel clearance becomes an issue and you'll need 18" wheels (that have sufficient clearance for the calipers and rotor).

Or you can bolt the C6 Z06 calipers to the C5 kit and use the C6 Z06 caliper. It's an impressive looking caliper, but it's had poor performance in the real world (and it uses 6 pads per caliper). So I wouldn't do that for anything besides driveway "jewelry".

As a side note, the C6 Z51 and C6 Z06 brakes use two left side rotors. Using GM rotors will cause cooling issues on one side and I recommend finding an aftermarket solution that uses straight cooling vanes or properly directional cooling vanes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.