Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5th annual UMI cruise in (Sat August 13th)
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
trackbird
UMI is hosting a cruise in on Saturday August 13th from 4-7 in Phillipsburg, PA. It's about 5 hours from me, but we are seriously thinking about going. It looks like a great time and it's a "non car show" car show (no judging, just gearheads and cars hanging out for a few hours). As long as the weather holds up, it seems like a fun event to attend and drag out the convertible project.

Who else is nearby or up for a drive? I always like to meet FRRAX members and this seems like as good of an excuse as any (no time like the present).
WarShrike
QUOTE (trackbird @ Jul 26 2016, 09:11 PM) *
UMI is hosting a cruise in on Saturday August 13th from 4-7 in Phillipsburg, PA. It's about 5 hours from me, but we are seriously thinking about going. It looks like a great time and it's a "non car show" car show (no judging, just gearheads and cars hanging out for a few hours). As long as the weather holds up, it seems like a fun event to attend and drag out the convertible project.

Who else is nearby or up for a drive? I always like to meet FRRAX members and this seems like as good of an excuse as any (no time like the present).

I'll be graduating...finally. So I'll be walking that day. Maybe next time around, would love to make the trek up there sometime in the future.
slowTA
But that's the weekend of CAM East, they should be there instead!
rocky
It is about 6 hours for me. Maybe next time if I get a little more notice to plan it out
trackbird
QUOTE (rocky @ Jul 27 2016, 06:40 AM) *
It is about 6 hours for me. Maybe next time if I get a little more notice to plan it out

It just popped up on facebook, otherwise I wouldn't know about it either. lol. My wife has some morning plans, but I think we can hit the road and be there in time to hang out. Sounds like a fun weekend trip.
rocky
I does sound like fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.
trackbird
QUOTE (WarShrike @ Jul 26 2016, 10:32 PM) *
I'll be graduating...finally. So I'll be walking that day. Maybe next time around, would love to make the trek up there sometime in the future.

Congrats! That's an accomplishment worth celebrating. 2thumbs.gif
UMI Performance
Thanks for the post Kevin! It's a pretty fun little get together but only a few hours... so I feel bad anyone driving too far for a few hours. hah

I always forget about the CAM challenge when we post this date, it was the only date that didn't conflict with other events we do but the CAM challenge always slips by. There is just too much to keep up with, anyone else get overwhelmed??

I am already working on 2017 event with some awesome changes, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Friday and Saturday would be autocross at our local airport, 20 min from our shop, Friday night a cookout and open house at UMI facility, Saturday autocross until 2pm-ish and then cruise to the UMI Cruise In with the rest of the cars and do a giant car show. Sunday would be a morning cruise through elk country here in PA and maybe spot a few elk. This is the plan. I did the Cruisin' the Smokies event this year in TN and thought it was pretty awesome.... so I want to do a eastern event similar. Cruisin' the Keystones? I am working with American Street Car Promotions now on it.

So basically the cruise in is always fun but short, we are working on a more major even for 2017 smile.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (UMI Performance @ Jul 28 2016, 08:53 AM) *
Thanks for the post Kevin! It's a pretty fun little get together but only a few hours... so I feel bad anyone driving too far for a few hours. hah

If I can get up there, I might try to talk you into a shop tour. wink.gif
rocky
I'm planning on 2017 now.
trackbird
QUOTE (rocky @ Jul 28 2016, 09:37 AM) *
I'm planning on 2017 now.

Me too.
UMI Performance
I will definitely give you guys plenty of notice and a heads up.
trackbird
QUOTE (UMI Performance @ Aug 1 2016, 01:50 PM) *
I will definitely give you guys plenty of notice and a heads up.

I'm still hoping to make this one. My wife has a charity race in the morning, so as long as she's not too sore to spend the day in the car, we plan to come up.
WarShrike
Yeah, I was hoping to get some racing in this season, but things keep pushing my timeline back so 2017 might be it. I still haven't finished the dyno tune or the alignment, but hope to do so soon.

I've got a trailer hitch now though, so that'll be going on at some point in the not too distant future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.