Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB decoupling torque arm
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Racing Geek
I saw the thread about Unbalanced Engineering discontinuing the decoupled torque arm and I missed their final sale too. I guess that's what I get for leaving the F-body life for so long. I figure it's a long shot but I may as well ask if anyone has one for sale before I attempt to make my own.
99TAToy
I need one too. Alan seemed to think they might do it again next year. I'll call Jason next week and beg for another run.

QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Aug 4 2016, 07:28 PM) *
I saw the thread about Unbalanced Engineering discontinuing the decoupled torque arm and I missed their final sale too. I guess that's what I get for leaving the F-body life for so long. I figure it's a long shot but I may as well ask if anyone has one for sale before I attempt to make my own.
99TAToy
Speak of the devil:

"Ryan - I was talking to Jason at Unbalanced Engineering about the decoupled torque arm, we might do another batch this year if there are enough orders - if you think you'll want one please contact Jason at info@UnbalancedEngineering.com "
Unbalanced Engineering
Yes, it looks like there will be another batch this year. Crazy, if I count these, we've made as many this year than in the last 3 years combined. The economy must be improving!

Since Alan has finally exhausted the plate we've been building these from, the cost will have to increase to $815 for the weld in and $915 for the bolt in.

Thanks!
Jason
GCrites80s
Positive word of mouth more than the economy, I'd say.
99TAToy
QUOTE (GCrites80s @ Sep 14 2016, 07:01 PM) *
Positive word of mouth more than the economy, I'd say.

UE has created scarcity by claiming "This is the last batch". Very clever. ph34r.gif

Hopefully I'll get one this round. 2thumbs.gif
Unbalanced Engineering
Haha, we've always had good word of mouth. I'm just seeing less of the "want one, but can't afford one" than we saw 2-4 years ago.

And, yes, it appears that there was some "crying wolf", but honestly at the rate we were producing them, they didn't make sense. Going forward, we're going to try to hold to 1 batch per year to help with the economy of scale, at least until the demand drops again.

BTW, for those that want in on this batch, deposits are due by Oct 7th.

Thanks!
Jason
jjmj427
QUOTE (Unbalanced Engineering @ Sep 28 2016, 10:26 PM) *
Haha, we've always had good word of mouth. I'm just seeing less of the "want one, but can't afford one" than we saw 2-4 years ago.

And, yes, it appears that there was some "crying wolf", but honestly at the rate we were producing them, they didn't make sense. Going forward, we're going to try to hold to 1 batch per year to help with the economy of scale, at least until the demand drops again.

BTW, for those that want in on this batch, deposits are due by Oct 7th.

Thanks!
Jason

Put my deposit in, I'm looking forward to getting this in the car!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.