Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 87 IROC for sale
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Racing Geek
87 IROC $3500obo

Clean title
305 TPI w/ 700r4
Really clean interior (passenger door panel is the only flaw)
30'er exterior
45k miles IIRC
No rust

I've had the car for the last 9 years. I built it to autocross and didn't skimp on suspension. About 4 or 5 years ago the car started stalling and was jerky/hesitant to accelerate. I didn't know why and was getting bored autocrossing so I decided to get into motorcycles and park the car for a while. A while turned into 4-5 years on jack stands in a storage unit. I recently got it out to start working on it again and found the injectors are pulsing but pressure at the fuel rail is weak so my guess is a bad fuel pump. I don't want to deal with pulling the tank and I have other projects still taking up my time so I figure I should let this one go. It will start and is sort of drivable. I did drive it around the block a few times but unless you live a mile or two away I'd suggest coming with a car trailer. Car handles great!

Good:
Koni yellow shocks/struts
Eibach Pro-kit springs
Rod/poly lower control arms
Lower control arm relocation brackets
Rod/rod Al panhard bar
Panhard bar relocation
4th gen rear end w/ 3.42 and torsen and aftermarket Al diff cover
Z06 wheels (stock IROC wheels included if you want them)
C5 corvette front calipers/rotors
C5 master cylinder
Wilwood brake bias adjuster
Strut tower brace
J&M strut mounts
36mm front swaybar
Adjustable rear swaybar
Weld in subframe connectors
SLP shorty headers and Y-pipe
3" magnaflow catback iirc
Everything is poly or rod end except motor mounts and A-arm bushings

Bad:
Dent in the hood and drivers front fender (separate incidents)
Clear coat on roof and hood dull (from a tarp during winter storage before I had a storage unit)
Headlight cracked
Old battery
Possibly needs fuel pump
Old gas in the tank
AC removed (parts included if you want them)
Stock electric fans need to be rewired

Am I even close on the price? I've been out of the F body game for a while.

I can get more detailed pictures or specifics on things if there's interest.
trackbird
Crap. I REALLY want one of these. I REALLY don't have anywhere to put it either. Hmm.....

Edit: I've been talking to my wife and I'm starting to think I could find a place to put it...(and she might let me).

How bad are the dents? And what happened to the electric fan wiring? Is it rubbed through or was it something else?

Any chance you can send some pics of under the hood and anything else "interesting" to:

trackbird (at) gmail dot com

Thanks!
Racing Geek
The dent in the fender is about the size of my palm and was there when I bought the car. It's towards the front between the side marker and front bumper along the horizontal body line. The hood dent is because I was rushing to get the car on jack stands and forgot to chock the front wheels so when I jacked up the back the car rolled into the boat trailer tongue. That one is along the front edge in the middle of the hood and about half my palm.

The fan itself is fine. It's something to do with the wiring. This was years ago so I don't recall exactly what the problem is. When I removed the AC I foolishly cut out the wires for it and I must have cut one of those in the process. I put a switch on it in the engine bay so for the remainder of the time I drove it I would open the hood and flip the switch if I expected traffic. It works but it's not ideal by any means.

I've got errands to run tonight after work so if I'm home before dark I'll take pictures. If not I'll take pictures on Friday and get them posted.
trackbird
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Oct 13 2016, 11:49 AM) *
The dent in the fender is about the size of my palm and was there when I bought the car. It's towards the front between the side marker and front bumper along the horizontal body line. The hood dent is because I was rushing to get the car on jack stands and forgot to chock the front wheels so when I jacked up the back the car rolled into the boat trailer tongue. That one is along the front edge in the middle of the hood and about half my palm.

The fan itself is fine. It's something to do with the wiring. This was years ago so I don't recall exactly what the problem is. When I removed the AC I foolishly cut out the wires for it and I must have cut one of those in the process. I put a switch on it in the engine bay so for the remainder of the time I drove it I would open the hood and flip the switch if I expected traffic. It works but it's not ideal by any means.

I've got errands to run tonight after work so if I'm home before dark I'll take pictures. If not I'll take pictures on Friday and get them posted.

That works for me.

Thanks!
CrashTestDummy
Nice IROC! When we bought our B4C, so many years ago, a PO had wired the fans so they came on at startup and ran until you turned the car off. I've never taken the time to try to get them configured so things worked as originally, but have had zero issues with that configuration. So that's always an option.
Racing Geek
Friday night was spent running around trying to get the parts to fix the trailer in the background for this weekend. Just took the photos this morning.

Here's the hood dent.

Fender dent is actually two small dents close to each other.

Roof paint issues from a tarp in the winter. The darker spot is moisture.

Cracked headlight

Paint chips and such

Not much to look at in there. The hood liner is sagging and it must have been holding moisture against the strut tower brace which caused the paint on it to bubble and peel. You can see the fan switch duct taped to the fender on the left. Like I said, far from ideal. Date on the battery is 10/10.

Racing Geek
It's been a while since I've been in the car so there's a few more flaws than I remembered. There's a stain on the passenger seat, a spot on the dash pad (I think old adhesive), the drivers door panel is separating from the cardboard backing, and the top interior window trim piece on the driver's door is cracked.

The door sills are the charcoal colored 82 style to fit the 4th gen seat belts that I put in it. They eliminate the lower seat belt retracting mechanism but aren't pictured. I have the radio too but it hasn't made it back into the car yet. It also has a 4th gen parking brake lever to go with the rear end. I don't remember why I switched it but I had to cut the corner of the center counsel to clear the lever.

The diff cover leaks. I think I had the jack too far back one time. I've got rod ends somewhere to make short endlinks for the swaybar to get the ends level. I put those long ones on as a temporary thing and parked the car shortly after. The cat delete pipe isn't the best. It should probably be replaced with a flex pipe. It also has a 3" Hooker catback and not a Magnaflow. If I were to keep the car I'd probably cut out a small section of the exhaust in the vertical portion where it goes up over the rear end to get it tucked in higher. It has never rubbed anything but the exhaust hangs a little low there so it always bugged me.

Racing Geek
Sold
trackbird
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Oct 31 2016, 12:02 AM) *
Sold

Sweet! Saved me from myself. Was it a FRRAX member or someone local?
Racing Geek
QUOTE (trackbird @ Oct 31 2016, 06:27 AM) *
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Oct 31 2016, 12:02 AM) *
Sold

Sweet! Saved me from myself. Was it a FRRAX member or someone local?

Local kid totaled his Camaro sliding it around on the street and bought my IROC as a replacement. He says he plans to autocross it but who knows. I've got a feeling this car will suffer the same fate as his previous one.
trackbird
If he's under 25, there's a 30% chance. If he's under 21, there's a 70% chance. If he's 18-ish, it's roughly a 90% chance.

banghead.gif
slowTA
I was about to call dibbs for when Kevin gets bored with it then decides to part it out!
Racing Geek
He made a comment about being a minor and needing someone to go with him to autocross so he's either 16 or 17. He said he'd keep in touch and let me know when he's going to autocross it but I'd almost rather he didn't so I can live in blissful ignorance and think the car is sitting happily in a garage somewhere.

SlowTA, I was about ready to start parting it out when that kid contacted me. I may part out my other Camaro instead of selling it whole but that one is more setup for drag racing. Rear suspension is all poly/poly so I don't think anyone will want that but there's a tubular torque arm and A-arms on it which someone here may want.
trackbird
QUOTE (slowTA @ Oct 31 2016, 05:35 PM) *
I was about to call dibbs for when Kevin gets bored with it then decides to part it out!

Ouch.

It's like you guys know me....

I still have a small block in the garage....splayed main caps and all. I need a home for the engine (either someone to buy it and take it home, or something it fits in). wink.gif
Racing Geek
Buy my other Camaro? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.