Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Random Technology Torque Arm (Any experiences?)
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Honda93
https://www.yearone.com/Product/1982-02-cam...552#prettyPhoto

I received one of these for free as it has a broken bracket (top portion broken off). It appears I'd have to have someone fabricate a bracket because it seems Random Technologies is out of business.

Does anyone have experience with these?

Are they suitable for autocrossing?

I've read some torque arms out there are better suited for drag cars, or should I just stick with the OEM arm? (I do have a poly bushing at the front now along with a poly trans mount)

Thanks in advance!
trackbird
If you look close, that torque arm uses a special front bushing. It's just a round hole in the bushing and a piece of the tube slides into it. I don't think it will work with a standard bushing (unless the design has changed). Can you send me pics of the broken bracket? I might be able to weld it for you (if you have all the parts), or it might be junk.

I'm not sure how "good" those arms really were. I feel like I prefer the bracing like UMI puts in the middle of theirs to reduce flex over the long span of tubing. The LG Motorsports version used two diagonal braces, but they were both in the direction of acceleration loads and seemed to work ok. I really don't remember seeing many results from that arm so I'm not sure if it's really an upgrade or enough of an improvement to mess with it (assuming you can get the front bushing).
Honda93
QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 18 2016, 11:55 AM) *
If you look close, that torque arm uses a special front bushing. It's just a round hole in the bushing and a piece of the tube slides into it. I don't think it will work with a standard bushing (unless the design has changed). Can you send me pics of the broken bracket? I might be able to weld it for you (if you have all the parts), or it might be junk.

I'm not sure how "good" those arms really were. I feel like I prefer the bracing like UMI puts in the middle of theirs to reduce flex over the long span of tubing. The LG Motorsports version used two diagonal braces, but they were both in the direction of acceleration loads and seemed to work ok. I really don't remember seeing many results from that arm so I'm not sure if it's really an upgrade or enough of an improvement to mess with it (assuming you can get the front bushing).

It was missing a large chunk of the bracket. But, if it's not that great, I am happy with the OEM one now that I have the poly bushing on the end of it. I asked the person who gave it to me if they want it back or if they want me to recycle it.

Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.