Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For sale: Fluidamper for LS1
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Steve91T
For sale is a Fluidapmer in like new condition. This damper is proven to make at least an extra 25+ hp! Included in the sale is a NOS sticker worth an additional 5 hp. That's 30+ hp folks! This Fluidamper was removed by a trained professional, not like most used dampers you see that were removed with torches, incorrect 3 jaw pullers, BFH's, swear words, beer and a little bit of blood. Fluidampers literally never wear out so this is pretty much the same as buying a brand new damper at a discount!

Blemishes pictured are purely cosmetic and in no way effect the performance of the fluidamper. No low ball offers! Serious inquires ONLY!!!

trackbird
Bwhahaha....it looks like it might make a nice coaster for your beer. Or maybe put a bottom in it and make it into a nice ash tray....(if smoking was still "cool"). wink.gif
79T/A
Steve, thanks for making me paranoid that my fluidamper will never come off. It haunts my dreams now.
trackbird
QUOTE (79T/A @ Nov 20 2016, 07:49 PM) *
Steve, thanks for making me paranoid that my fluidamper will never come off. It haunts my dreams now.

In good news, you can save money on that fancy ARP bolt. Once it's pressed on, you can take the bolt out and toss it in the trash. wink.gif

nutkick.gif
79T/A
Good idea, it has the fancy ARP bolt on it right now so I can just pull it out and sell it and put some money back in my pocket.
trackbird
QUOTE (79T/A @ Nov 20 2016, 08:14 PM) *
Good idea, it has the fancy ARP bolt on it right now so I can just pull it out and sell it and put some money back in my pocket.

Exactly...and if the balancer ever comes off you'll know it's time for a rebuild anyway. And then you won't have to fight this battle. It's a win/win. wink.gif
CrashTestDummy
I have a lightly-used LS1 longblock that can go with that balancer. I'll even throw in a can of JB-Weld to smooth over any nicks in the surface:

Steve91T
^^^ hahaha

The good news is Fluidamper has an exchange program. They don't want used dampers floating around so you can send them your used damper (any condition, they just throw them in the trash) and they'll give you a discount on a new one. I have no idea how much of a discount. But honestly, I think I'm just going to throw the stock one back on.

I'll throw the fluidamper on a shelf and if I ever change my mind, I'll send it in and get the discount on a new one.
trackbird
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Nov 21 2016, 11:19 AM) *
I have a lightly-used LS1 longblock that can go with that balancer. I'll even throw in a can of JB-Weld to smooth over any nicks in the surface:

I count at least two perfectly good wrist pins in there. I'll offer you one handful of pocket lint.

The rest of it looks like a kit (probably about what would happen if the balancer did come off at high RPM). wink.gif
79T/A
I'll weld the 2 halves of that connecting rod back together for you for the low, low price of $10 because I'm such a nice guy.
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (trackbird @ Nov 21 2016, 10:51 AM) *
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Nov 21 2016, 11:19 AM) *

I count at least two perfectly good wrist pins in there. I'll offer you one handful of pocket lint.

The rest of it looks like a kit (probably about what would happen if the balancer did come off at high RPM). wink.gif

Well, I was including a can of JB-Weld with the parts, in case some assembly is required. 2thumbs.gif

I think that picture came from a post on this forum a few years ago. I don't remember who, or when, but just looked like it hurt, and was too good to pass up. I hope to not enjoy that much carnage with our engine for some time. It took FOREVER to get built, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to replicate anymore.
trackbird
It's certainly easier to ship the engine if you condense it down so that it all fits in the oil pan. Toss it in a shoebox, add a little packing tape and throw a handful of stamps on it. wink.gif
CrashTestDummy
So 'LS1 longblock engine kit, complete, down in the oil pan' is the better description? 2thumbs.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.