Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UMI Cruise in & 2 day autocross registration is now open
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
trackbird
http://umiperformance.com/umicruisein/

I'm going to drag the convertible out to play, who's joining me?

Trackbird
landstuhltaylor
It's tempting, but not sure I want to drive all the way out there to only make fun runs. I don't have any 200TW tires that fit.
Jerry01Ws6
I'll be going again this year. Along with some other buddies
SS Performance
I'm going to try and make it.

Not sure which car I'll take.
slowTA
That's the same weekend as CAM East! So I'll be driving within a few miles of it on my way to Grissom aeroplex!
trackbird
QUOTE (landstuhltaylor @ Jan 29 2017, 06:08 PM) *
It's tempting, but not sure I want to drive all the way out there to only make fun runs. I don't have any 200TW tires that fit.

My street tires are 160 treadwear. I was looking for a second set of wheels and some tires for them, but honestly, I think I might just buy another set of the same and run in the fun run class. I haven't been on an autocross course in about 9 years, so I'm not going to be in contention for anything in a 3900 lb convertible with stock HP anyway. Still sounds like a good time!
landstuhltaylor
Yeah it's still a ways off so who knows. If things go well I might order a second set of 18x12s which I need anyway, but then tires are a tough pill to swallow. And at that point, I would probably rather be at Grissom that weekend.
UMI Performance
Thanks for the share Kevin! It should be a fun event.

We wanted to do a pro-tour style event closer to home and hoping to hit some of the eastern people that aren't always able to travel towards the south or west.

The 200TW rule is tricky but is now a standard for the pro-touring events. With out them, yes.. your runs would be counted as fun runs but you still get a pile runs and the winners get plaques, no big pay outs.

If you've never done an event with Bill Howell and American Street Car it is a lot of fun. You will get as many runs as you can handle and have a blast doing it. It's a fun environment, good people, free food and no course working!

Sunday there is an SCCA event at the same location so anyone is welcome to stick around and run that as well.

We appreciate anyone that can make it out. We are really looking forward to it smile.gif

Ryan
SuperMacGuy
The SCCA-CPR online reg isn't open yet but our schedule is online. We'll have it opened soon for Aug 13 (PS I live in State College /CPR region).
UMI Performance
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ Jan 30 2017, 12:14 PM) *
The SCCA-CPR online reg isn't open yet but our schedule is online. We'll have it opened soon for Aug 13 (PS I live in State College /CPR region).

We will be at the airport meeting next week as well to get confirmation of use. You guys should run the UMI 2 day as well... it should be a great time!
rocky
Finally something on my side of the country. I will hopefully be there to at least watch and take some ride alongs if anyone offers
trackbird
QUOTE (rocky @ Jan 31 2017, 11:44 AM) *
Finally something on my side of the country. I will hopefully be there to at least watch and take some ride alongs if anyone offers

Come on up, you can ride with me if you're not going to enter the autocross. I'm sure we can find plenty of cars to stuff you in for a few laps. The UMI crew are a lot of fun to hang out with and this should be a great time. I may have to hit a local event to shake off the cobwebs, but I'm really looking forward to this one.
rocky
Sounds good to me!
SuperMacGuy
The SCCA event on Sunday after the UMI event is online now: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/scca-c...sylvania-059003
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.