Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2 OEM C5 Z06 Speedline rear wheels
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Mojave
I'm on the hunt for a pair of OEM Speedline C5 Z06 rear wheels, 18x10.5. I'd be willing to buy an entire set of C5Z wheels if the price if right. I'm located in Central Texas and willing to drive to Houston/Austin/Dallas for the right deal.
dojob
house of wheels sells new ones 1200/set
Mojave
QUOTE (dojob @ Feb 15 2017, 05:46 PM) *

Yeah, I've heard they are selling new ones, but I'm cheap so I'm on the lookout for some used ones!
Steve91T
QUOTE (Mojave @ Feb 15 2017, 07:11 PM) *

Yeah, I've heard they are selling new ones, but I'm cheap so I'm on the lookout for some used ones!

Me too. You'd think as played out as these wheels on Camaro's are there'd be more of them for sale.

I did buy a set of 4 fronts for $400 a couple of years ago. I'm hanging onto them smile.gif
dojob
corvette forums should have some for sale
Mojave
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Feb 15 2017, 06:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Mojave @ Feb 15 2017, 07:11 PM) *

Me too. You'd think as played out as these wheels on Camaro's are there'd be more of them for sale.

I did buy a set of 4 fronts for $400 a couple of years ago. I'm hanging onto them smile.gif

I bought a set of 4 rears for $450 a few weeks ago, and scored a set of 2 fronts/2 rears for $450 and sold the fronts for $225.

QUOTE (dojob @ Feb 15 2017, 07:59 PM) *
corvette forums should have some for sale

I've been checking CorvetteForum but there are several WTB ads over there as well, so they seem to be moving fast. I have a lead on 2 rears on Craigslist, so I might have all I need.
WarShrike
Same here, trying to find two rears. I have two right now, and don't want to buy brand new fresh ones from house of wheels since we pretty much race where it's all loose gravel anyway.
DAlgozine
Ebay, craigslist and various corvette forums are best. Also, check LS1TECH.com
Most of the time, they are listed as a set of (4) with 17" front and 18" rears. If you find a complete set of front and rears priced reasonably, buy it. Then list the fronts on this site or CMC or American Iron sites, and the fronts will sell quickly.
Steve91T
Are replicas going to be heavy and weak?
DAlgozine
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Feb 17 2017, 09:25 AM) *
Are replicas going to be heavy and weak?

Generally , yes. Most replicas, are pretty cheaply made, and are typically very heavy.
Personally, I would not trust "replica" wheels on track.
I would only consider OE/factory wheels and genuine race wheels for track use.
Steve91T
That's what I thought. How do you verify the wheels are OEM?
Pranav
OEM wheels will have the GM stamp on them, will say Alcoa or Speedline on the back.

I am interested in a pair for fronts if anyone looking for rears end up with a full set.
Mojave
I picked up two more rears this weekend for $250. I don't need anymore, but I'm still interested if anyone finds some that are cheap (and by cheap, I mean under $125 per wheel).
Steve91T
Where are you finding them? Are you finding them locally or having them shipped?
Steve91T
I just called house of wheels. $1300 shipped for 4 brand new rear speedline Z06 wheels.
Mojave
QUOTE (Steve91T @ Feb 20 2017, 10:08 AM) *
Where are you finding them? Are you finding them locally or having them shipped?

I've found all of mine lately on Craigslist. I had to drive a few hours to pick them up, but the gas was still cheaper than shipping (and I got to inspect them before I bought).
camarokid91
Sorry I'm hoarding all mine. If I ever sell the car all of them will be for sale lol.

(4) Sets of 4 rears.
trackbird
QUOTE (camarokid91 @ Feb 22 2017, 03:31 PM) *
Sorry I'm hoarding all mine. If I ever sell the car all of them will be for sale lol.

(4) Sets of 4 rears.

So you are the reason there are a bunch of lonely Corvettes on jack stands without wheels. 2thumbs.gif 2thumbs.gif 2thumbs.gif
Mojave
QUOTE (camarokid91 @ Feb 22 2017, 02:31 PM) *

(4) Sets of 4 rears.

What tires are you running on them, and what size spacers are you running?
Mojave
I'm still on the lookout for more, if anyone wants to get rid of some.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.