Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB serpentine accesories for SBC
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Racing Geek
I have March accessories on the front of my engine but the crank pulley is trying to occupy the same space as the steering rack and I need to make a new lower bracket for the alternator to make it clear the C4 cross member. Rather than trying to fix all that I figured I'd see if anyone here has the front serpentine accessories from a thirdgen or C4 corvette. If not I'll have to rig up an elaborate idler pulley setup to drive the alternator and clear the electric water pump.

I sold my third gens but I seem to keep coming back for parts. haha

Here's some pictures of the project so you can see what I'm working with.

trackbird
I actually have most of a complete set of 1991 C4 Corvette small block brackets and accessory brackets (for sale). I don't know if I have the crank pulley (I should, but I'm not sure I actually still have it). I should have all the other brackets. The C4 uses a short water pump and short pulley to clear things. You won't likely get a long water pump setup on there.
mr.beachcomber
Just a quick reminder, the stock 1991 Corvette aluminum water pump uses a reverse direction impeller due to the reverse rotation from the serpentine belt system.
Racerdad916
I think I have some under drive pulleys in the basement... Somewhere.... I need to go look.
nape
Pretty sure I still have the brackets, a brand new Autozone reman alternator, CCW water pump, steel underdrive pulley (serp.) and PS Pump in a tub in storage. I probably won't be able to grab them until after Easter unless you're really in a pinch.

I'm in the SW Chicago 'burbs. Make me an offer.
trackbird
This is going to require a short crank pulley and "short waterpump setup". Thirdgen stuff isn't going to clear that rack (I had a C4, been there....it's tight). And Mr. Beachcomber is right, the C4 uses a short, reverse rotation water pump. I'm not sure if you'll find something that lets you run the electric pump (and I still never figured out the fascination with those things except for drag race only vehicles...but maybe that's just me).
Racing Geek
I don't care if I keep the electric water pump or not. It was on the engine when I bought it. I'm also on the fence about it's practicality for a driver. From some reading I was doing it sounds like the c4 isn't a short pump or a long but something between the two. Is the 91 corvette the LT1 engine? If so will LT1 accessories work on my engine (early 2pc RMS block).

If Nape and Trackbird can send over some pics and price info that would be great. I was hoping to get the truck drivable to take it to an event in Iowa in 3 weeks but it's looking like that won't be possible so I'm not in too much of a rush. Even so, sooner than later would be better. Racerdad, are your pulleys for c4 or third generation?
trackbird
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Apr 12 2017, 08:21 AM) *
I don't care if I keep the electric water pump or not. It was on the engine when I bought it. I'm also on the fence about it's practicality for a driver. From some reading I was doing it sounds like the c4 isn't a short pump or a long but something between the two. Is the 91 corvette the LT1 engine? If so will LT1 accessories work on my engine (early 2pc RMS block).

If Nape and Trackbird can send over some pics and price info that would be great. I was hoping to get the truck drivable to take it to an event in Iowa in 3 weeks but it's looking like that won't be possible so I'm not in too much of a rush. Even so, sooner than later would be better. Racerdad, are your pulleys for c4 or third generation?

The '91 Corvette is the last year of the small block Chevy (L98).

It's a reverse rotation short water pump, but it's a Corvette specific pump due to the reverse rotation (and possibly mounting bracket locations for accessories).

I'll try to get some pics tonight. I think I have everything but the crank pulley (and water pump). And I should have it, but I'm not sure where it wound up.
trackbird
I'm a little behind on this. Had to attend a funeral last night and I didn't get it done. I'll try to dig it out tonight or tomorrow and find out what I have and send photos.
Racerdad916
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Apr 12 2017, 08:21 AM) *

They are generic gm underdrive serpetine pulleys. I'm thinking I have the crank and alt put I need to grab them and see what wp they fit. Cover the shipping and they will show up at your house.
nape
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Apr 12 2017, 07:21 AM) *

Sorry, I have a wedding tomorrow and then heading out of town for Easter. Best case scenario, probably Wednesday before I can get over to storage and get pics/info.

How much room do you have to the rack? I can measure the depth of the crank pulley.
Racing Geek
2-7/8" puts it right up against the rack. The rear belt on my current crank pulley is 2" from harmonic balancer to the front of the pulley to line up with my power steering pump.
trackbird
Sorry, I picked up the flu or something this weekend. I'm at work, but I feel like I'm just going to curl up and die. So I didn't get pics yet.
Racing Geek
I know all too well how that's going. I picked up some kind of cold/flu Monday last week and I'm still trying to get over it. Only ended putting in a couple hours of work on the truck during the last 7 days. Finally got the t56 in last night so that was exciting. Haha
Racing Geek
Any update?
trackbird
QUOTE (Racing Geek @ Apr 25 2017, 07:05 PM) *
Any update?

I'll PM you my number. Text me tonight and I'll go take pics and text them back to you. I completely forgot. It's been a little crazy here between work, being sick and trying to get the Camaro back together.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.