Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 17" CCW Classic center
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
patred
Looking for a CCW Classic center for 17" rims, regular offset (and bolt pattern of course) for fourth gen F-Bodies. CCW doesn't sell wheel pieces by themselves. rolleyes.gif

Pat
trackbird
Can you send them the wheel to rebuild (if you can't find parts)?
SuperMacGuy
I think there was a guy on LS1tech that would do custom colors on CCWs. Maybe he had some extra centers? Sorry I don't have any thing more than my memory of seeing some posts of his last year.
roostmeyer
I wonder if this is something new after getting bought out by weld last year. They used to sell lips/barrels. They would replace centers, but I don't think they liked to sell full sets. Just this winter they had a lot of closeout parts on Ebay, but that looks to be all done now.

EDIT: I've bought and sold quite a few parts on stanceworks.com. You might be able to find a 5x120 center there.
patred
QUOTE (roostmeyer @ Apr 24 2017, 12:19 PM) *
I wonder if this is something new after getting bought out by weld last year. They used to sell lips/barrels.

The guy I talked to said they stopped selling individual pieces about four years ago. The set of wheels I have were bought from Sam Strano and were on the car when his co-driver jumped a curb ... man, about 8-9 years ago? He replaced some pieces but when I got them, I think two of the wheels still had issues. Got individual pieces from CCW (his co-driver reimbursed me for them), but I got the wrong center. Initially they sent me one for an 18" wheel, and then the replacement was the wrong offset. This was right before Solo Nationals in 2011, and I could use the center if I ran a 1/4" spacer, so I didn't want to go back-and-forth with them so close to driving cross-country to Nebraska. Kept running them that way with one spacer with that wheel figuring I could just buy the correct one eventually. But now I want to sell the wheels.

QUOTE (roostmeyer @ Apr 24 2017, 12:19 PM) *
EDIT: I've bought and sold quite a few parts on standworks.com. You might be able to find a 5x120 center there.

Looks like that web site is just mounts for cell phones?

Pat
roostmeyer
That's frustrating. I financed my last motor in part by selling a collection of parts I had that I assembled into stock Z06 sizes. Kinda makes me wish I had held on to them for parts.

Sorry stanceworks.com, not standworks. I edited my post above. A bunch of hard parkers, but there's a lot of 3-piece wheel parts sold on there.

From your description, I think you need the current 16" centers with 20 bolts. They used the current 16" centers with 17" wheels for a while. Then they switched to a larger diameter center with 30 bolts for 17" and 18" wheels.

This guy had 2 extra sets of BBS and CCW's for this corvette if you want to just pickup another full set of wheels. I desperately want the BBS's, but can't really justify them right now.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4s-fo...6-corvette.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.