Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB LS coils
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Smitty2919
Trying to get a 24x conversion done on my 95. Need to source some coils and was wondering if any of you guys had a set laying around you wouldn't mind parting with.

I figure someone on here has to be a pack rat lol.

Thanks!
Smitty2919
Ooops, ended up finding some on eBay and should be here Friday...
Pranav
Keep us posted on the 24x conversion; I myself am out of the LT1 game but in our racing class (CMC) we need to look at good, plug an play solutions to make LT1 ignition better for RR use.
Smitty2919
Will do. So far the TorqHead conversion seems to be a more robust, and easier kit to install than the EFI Connection version since it is all external and does not need to have the 96/97 timing cover.

You can also buy a hub adapter to bolt on a ATI damper (which is what I bought). I have coils coming Friday, custom mount coils on VC's, pick up some stock ls1 wires (instead of custom making a set and hope they fit), then buy damper.

Looking forward to getting it on and tuned (mostly to eliminate my mysterious knock retard issue). Planning to have it all sorted out and installed in a weekend.
rgauder
QUOTE (Smitty2919 @ May 9 2017, 01:11 PM) *
Will do. So far the TorqHead conversion seems to be a more robust, and easier kit to install than the EFI Connection version since it is all external and does not need to have the 96/97 timing cover.

You can also buy a hub adapter to bolt on a ATI damper (which is what I bought). I have coils coming Friday, custom mount coils on VC's, pick up some stock ls1 wires (instead of custom making a set and hope they fit), then buy damper.

Looking forward to getting it on and tuned (mostly to eliminate my mysterious knock retard issue). Planning to have it all sorted out and installed in a weekend.

I think you can use your lt1 wires, they are just longer.
Smitty2919
My other option is to do just that IF the LT1 wires will work with LS coils....depending on the ends.

If I need different ends, I may use stock LT1 wires, cut the ends so they work with LS coils and mount the coils low and hidden (since the LT1 wires are longer). Coils arrive tomorrow, we will see how it all pans out.
rgauder
LT1 opti connector is the same as the LS1 coil.
Smitty2919
I looked into this since I have a 03 Silverado 6.0l. The metal connector inside the boot is the same between the Opti and LS coil, but the boot itself is different.

The LS coil requires a boot with a bigger ID to slip over. I found some 90* LS style boots that I plan to use with my LT1 wires (after cutting and crimping on new metal terminals).

Basically I need a 90* connector/boot at the spark plus (stock on LT1 wires) and a 90* boot/connector at the coil. The typical LS boots are 45* which push the wire outward against the header.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.