Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: '99 Z28 Hardtop
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
DPS
SOLD

'99 Z28
Hardtop
6-spd
111,000mi (purchased the car in '06 with ~85k)
Manual windows
Manual locks

All done around 100k:

Rebuilt the T56
Monster Level 2 Clutch
Tick Adjustable Clutch Master Cylinder
Tick Remote Clutch Speed Bleeder

Additional stuff:

Power Steering Cooler (cheap AutoZone jobby)
Wolfe Race Craft 6pt roll bar (mild steel, weld in, jig notched)
Out of date Simpson 5pt harnesses
Eibach Pro Kit springs
Stock shocks
Stock brakes
Adjustable panhard bar
17x9 GM ZR1 wheels
Pro 5.0 shifter
SLP Lid
Mac mid-length headers
Off-Road Y-pipe
Unknown aftermarket muffler
SAIKOU MICHI dual catch can
Tuned (Made 321rwhp on a Dyno Dynamics)

Passed NYS inspection last week.

Full disclosure:

An unfortunate incident resulted in needing to replace the driver's door and rear quarter. It's fine from 50ft but looking closer you can tell an amateur (me) and his brother did the work. I might be overstating it some. The panel gaps aren't perfect and there is a run in the paint. It never bothered me since it was mostly just a track car.

Coolant level light is on. Coolant level is good. No leaks. Car runs cool. I haven't bothered replacing the sensor to turn the idiot light off.

It pops out of reverse occasionally.

When driven hard, the car will smoke on decel. When back on the accelerator, it clears up. I was hoping that the catch can would solve this issue, but it didn't. The car continues to run strong so I just keep an eye on the oil level.

There appears to be some weeping from the rear main seal.

There also appears to be some weeping from a fitting on the clutch master.

A/C is there but has lost it's charge. I haven't investigated further.

The previous owner must have been a tense driver given the condition of the steering wheel. There is noticeable wear between 9 and 3 o'clock. I'm assuming it was from a death grip.

The car is located in southern NY. Just a 20 minute drive from WGI. Someone should come out for the IRL race on Labor Day weekend and take this thing home!

Reason for selling: HPDEs are fun but they are definitely a gateway drug. Therefore I've decided to build a ChumpCar to scratch that racing itch.
DPS
Price drop! Motivated to sell.

It appears that editing my post wiped out the photos. Not sure why. I'll see if I can get them back up later when I'm home.
DPS
Another drop. I'll let this run through the weekend before it goes on Craigslist.

This is the only place the car is currently advertised. You guys seem like a good group, and Craigslist is well...... unsure.gif
CrashTestDummy
Damn! That's cheap! And it's not you, it's photophuckit getting grabby. Gotta change photo hosting sites, and cut those bastids adrift!
The Batman
Wish this car was closer to wisconsin
BumpaD_Z28
QUOTE (The Batman @ Aug 31 2017, 09:41 PM) *
Wish this car was closer to wisconsin

I'm glad it's not closer to Utah wink.gif
DPS
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Aug 31 2017, 10:42 PM) *
Damn! That's cheap! And it's not you, it's photophuckit getting grabby. Gotta change photo hosting sites, and cut those bastids adrift!

What do you recommend for a hosting site these days?
CrashTestDummy
Everyone has their favorite. I use Fotki: Fotki photo hosting It is NOT free, if you want to post photos to other web sites, but I think I'm paying something like $15 a year for a LOT of space (pricing is here: Subscription options

Their server farm is now located in Estonia, IIRC, they relocated their servers, literally, from the US to Estonia a couple of years ago. Other than the slight delay getting access to some of my photos during that move, I've had no issues from them. There are others out there, though, Flikr, Google, pBase etc., and AFAIK NONE are trying to rape their subscribers like photophucket is!
DPS
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Sep 1 2017, 08:44 AM) *
Everyone has their favorite. I use Fotki: Fotki photo hosting It is NOT free, if you want to post photos to other web sites, but I think I'm paying something like $15 a year for a LOT of space (pricing is here: Subscription options

Their server farm is now located in Estonia, IIRC, they relocated their servers, literally, from the US to Estonia a couple of years ago. Other than the slight delay getting access to some of my photos during that move, I've had no issues from them. There are others out there, though, Flikr, Google, pBase etc., and AFAIK NONE are trying to rape their subscribers like photophucket is!

Good info. Thank you!
DAlgozine
PM sent

can you send me photos ?
SuperMacGuy
I've got an interest in a track-only car. Is is street legal? Headlights, tail lights, wipers etc?
Could you put pix on Google drive or something like that?
I haven't talked to the wife yet so don't count on me, but that's exactly the price range I was thinking for a track beater.
DPS
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ Sep 11 2017, 12:21 PM) *
I've got an interest in a track-only car. Is is street legal? Headlights, tail lights, wipers etc?
Could you put pix on Google drive or something like that?
I haven't talked to the wife yet so don't count on me, but that's exactly the price range I was thinking for a track beater.

Street legal. Registered and a fresh inspection. Clean title.

PM me your email and I can send some photos to you.
DPS
QUOTE (DAlgozine @ Sep 11 2017, 11:55 AM) *
PM sent

can you send me photos ?

Replied.
trackbird
Pics added.

Admin
DPS
QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 11 2017, 01:48 PM) *
Pics added.

Admin

Thanks Kevin!
DPS
Sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.