Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone offloading their 17 x 11's?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Classifieds
Rentedmule
I'm looking for a set of 17x11's to mount 315/35 race tires - they don't have to be pretty. From the sticky, it seems like +36 would be preferable over +50 offset since I have a firebird, but I'm not opposed to using a spacer/hammer to make them clear.

Anyone have a beat up set of C4 ZR1 replicas hanging around that they're interested in selling (and willing to ship to Canada on my dime)?

(I've been a member here for a while but haven't posted enough to start an ad in the classifieds. I use the same username on s10forum, pro-touring.com, syty.net, and a few other forums if you want to do a 'background check')

Thanks!
Jeff94TA
How about a set of 18x10.5's? They're the OE Wheels C5 replicas and have been my race wheels since I bought them new. They don't have any center caps and I would let them go as a set for $300 with boxing and shipping on your dime. Just thought I would throw it out there so let me know.

Rentedmule
QUOTE (Jeff94TA @ Oct 4 2017, 05:51 PM) *
How about a set of 18x10.5's? They're the OE Wheels C5 replicas and have been my race wheels since I bought them new. They don't have any center caps and I would let them go as a set for $300 with boxing and shipping on your dime. Just thought I would throw it out there so let me know.

That's a great deal but I already pulled the trigger on a set of 315/35-17's so I'll have to pass (for now). I originally planned to move to an 18 but Toyo gave me a great price on r888's. Thanks!
95zaaron
I HAVE SOME 17X11 6UL WHEELS WITH SOME OLD 315 HOOSIERS ON THEM JUST SITTING AROUND NOW THAT IM GOING TO 18S. ITS NOT LETTING ME POST A PIC SO IF YOU WANT PM ME A # OR EMAIL AND ILL SEND YA SOME PICS
Rentedmule
QUOTE (95zaaron @ Oct 5 2017, 01:40 PM) *
I HAVE SOME 17X11 6UL WHEELS WITH SOME OLD 315 HOOSIERS ON THEM JUST SITTING AROUND NOW THAT IM GOING TO 18S. ITS NOT LETTING ME POST A PIC SO IF YOU WANT PM ME A # OR EMAIL AND ILL SEND YA SOME PICS

Great - I pm'd you.
00 SS
Still looking for 17x11s? I have a set of polished AFS ZR1 replicas if you are.
Rentedmule
QUOTE (00 SS @ Nov 1 2017, 02:48 PM) *
Still looking for 17x11s? I have a set of polished AFS ZR1 replicas if you are.

I am. 95zaaron made a great offer but it ends up his wheels are only 10" wide. Can you pm me some pics/price info? Thanks!

(also thanks mods for moving thread to the appropriate forum)
trackbird
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=18092

There's a set of new AFS replicas for sale in that thread.
Rentedmule
Thanks - with shipping to Canada it seems like it's going to be about the same price to buy new so I may have to give up on my search unless something comes up locally. I'll likely just run the 315's I have on my narrower wheels until they're shot and then go to an 18 for better tire selection.
Dave Schotz
I also have ZR1 offset 17 x 11's available if someone needs them. AFS and OEM

Best Regards,
Dave

I don't check here often, so please email me if interested to: dschotz at gmail dot com

Best Regards,
Dave
Rentedmule
Just FYI, I contacted AFS and they told me they're no longer making the ZR1's.
veinharvest
Hey, are you still looking. Mine have been sitting in my basement in bags. My wife is getting pissed about all the wheels and tires down there with her decorations lol. I'll take pics details etc if your interested. I live in Pittsburgh
Rentedmule
Yes, definitely still interested. PM me the details/pics please!

Tyson
kookamunga
QUOTE (95zaaron @ Oct 5 2017, 08:40 AM) *

didn't know they made a 17x11. 949 doesn't list them. where did you get them from and what offset are they?
Rentedmule
QUOTE (kookamunga @ Feb 2 2018, 05:18 AM) *
QUOTE (95zaaron @ Oct 5 2017, 08:40 AM) *

didn't know they made a 17x11. 949 doesn't list them. where did you get them from and what offset are they?

They actually ended up being 17x10's
Crazy Canuck
Not sure if still looking.
I have afs 17x11 +50mm x4 w hoosiers 315/35-17 unused on them.
Pm me or call me if interested
Crazy Canuck
What part of Canada?
I'm in Montreal... Shipping might be free depending where you are
Rentedmule
I ended up getting a new set of ZR1's a while back so I'm set for wheels - too bad, I definitely would've jumped on these!

If you want to sell the tires separately, I may be interested though. I'm in New Brunswick, so shipping shouldn't be that bad.
ShoopraLazor
Bumping and hijacking this thread since I'm in the same predicament and want to run this summer.

I'm looking for a cheap as possible set of 17x11s to mount Falken Azenis RT615K+s in 275/40/17 (best balance of grip/wear/price imo, $650/set after rebate, was planning on running a set of WS6 17x9s on a 3400lb/300whp '01 Z28 but always felt that a 9" wheel would be too narrow for 275s). Barring that 18x10.5s or wider, for a low budget HPDE car.

If you're in the NYC area (NY/NJ/PA/CT) for pickup or you're willing to ship on my dime let me know @ ngambina@gmail.com or PM.
SuperMacGuy
For 275s you only need a 9 inch wide wheel. For 315 tires you need the 11 inch wide. 17x9 with 275/40r17 was the stock wheel/tire combo on Trans Am/Camaro SS.
Mojave
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ May 25 2018, 02:40 PM) *
For 275s you only need a 9 inch wide wheel. For 315 tires you need the 11 inch wide. 17x9 with 275/40r17 was the stock wheel/tire combo on Trans Am/Camaro SS.

Just because they came that way from the factory doesn't mean that is the fastest setup. Plenty of ST competitors running 205's on 8" wheels and 225's on 9" wheels.
ShoopraLazor
QUOTE (Mojave @ May 25 2018, 08:28 PM) *
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ May 25 2018, 02:40 PM) *

Just because they came that way from the factory doesn't mean that is the fastest setup. Plenty of ST competitors running 205's on 8" wheels and 225's on 9" wheels.

Yeah, pretty much my rational. Never understood why GM spec'd a 275 on a 9" wheel when everyone else "usually" runs 245s or 255s for 9" wheels. I've always felt like a 9" wheel would usually be too narrow for a 275. Maybe for the drag racing crowd that wanted a wide tire?

Falken says you can run a 9-11" wheel on them, figure the wider wheel will give more grip (slightly larger contact patch from being a little stretched + less sidewall/tire flex). But hey if someone has 17 or 18x10s or wider I'll take it.
ESP125
Not sure if you guys saw my posting in the classifieds here for my CCW 17x11s. If you have any interest please text me at 414-791-zero six one eight or email me at tpovletich@acieta.com. Thanks.
SuperMacGuy
QUOTE (ShoopraLazor @ May 26 2018, 12:23 AM) *

Yeah, pretty much my rational. Never understood why GM spec'd a 275 on a 9" wheel when everyone else "usually" runs 245s or 255s for 9" wheels. I've always felt like a 9" wheel would usually be too narrow for a 275. Maybe for the drag racing crowd that wanted a wide tire?

Falken says you can run a 9-11" wheel on them, figure the wider wheel will give more grip (slightly larger contact patch from being a little stretched + less sidewall/tire flex). But hey if someone has 17 or 18x10s or wider I'll take it.

I think you're the first person to say they run a Fbody in ST (or have even seen that). tongue.gif

My opinion is that you match the tire width to the rim size. You certainly don't want to run tires with the "stretched" look to them like some slammed-tuner-camber cars have, that's just dangerous. Plus we should also acknowledge that different tires have different actual tread widths- a 245 from Kumho may have more contact patch than a 245 from Bridgestone. FWIW, my 9"/275s look "square" on the rim, ie matching the rim width almost exactly, the sidewalls don't bulge in or out dramatically.

High HP cars are, by definition, under-tired. The 93-97 had 8" rims and 245s IIRC, which was too little tire for a heavy car (I had that until I got 9"/275s). For AX, there's a sweet spot for weight vs tire, IMO. I'd bet $1000 that the same Fbody on 315 street tires is faster than on 245s at AX. Unless maybe your AX course is a tiny postage stamp that doesn't allow for big fast turns.

If your local class is small or budget doesn't allow for 315s, I understand, but my recommendation is always go wider.
Mojave
QUOTE (SuperMacGuy @ May 27 2018, 07:08 AM) *
QUOTE (ShoopraLazor @ May 26 2018, 12:23 AM) *

I think you're the first person to say they run a Fbody in ST (or have even seen that). tongue.gif

My opinion is that you match the tire width to the rim size. You certainly don't want to run tires with the "stretched" look to them like some slammed-tuner-camber cars have, that's just dangerous. Plus we should also acknowledge that different tires have different actual tread widths- a 245 from Kumho may have more contact patch than a 245 from Bridgestone. FWIW, my 9"/275s look "square" on the rim, ie matching the rim width almost exactly, the sidewalls don't bulge in or out dramatically.

High HP cars are, by definition, under-tired. The 93-97 had 8" rims and 245s IIRC, which was too little tire for a heavy car (I had that until I got 9"/275s). For AX, there's a sweet spot for weight vs tire, IMO. I'd bet $1000 that the same Fbody on 315 street tires is faster than on 245s at AX. Unless maybe your AX course is a tiny postage stamp that doesn't allow for big fast turns.

If your local class is small or budget doesn't allow for 315s, I understand, but my recommendation is always go wider.

All base V8 cars (ignoring SS/WS6) from 93-02 got a 16x8 wheel (some got 235's, most got 245's), but those tire sizes are dead.

I don't think anyone will argue that 315's are faster than 245s when given the proper wheel. A better question which of the following is faster: a 275 on a 10" wheel vs a 315 on the same 10" wheel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.