Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tiny little tick tock noise
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
SuperMacGuy
I've recently noticed that there is a little tiny tick-tock noise inside the car. While sitting in the garage, with nothing on, no lights on, nothing. I can hear a slow tick--- tock. About every 10 seconds, and the tick-tock is about half the speed of a turn signal blinker. It seems to come from behind the radio area. I believe it also happens while the car is running, but it's far more difficult to tell because car is so loud.

Some things that may or may not matter: I have the SLP inline-fan switch. I do not blame the switch, but it's not stock. I have an electronic turn signal flasher. Not sure if it could be that, but as stated, sound happens when car is off. Radio is stock and works OK. A/C controls work OK.
slowTA
Is it the exhaust coooing?
CrashTestDummy
Kind of in the vein of the question Chris asked; is it _any_ time you go out into the garage, or certain times of day and/or certain amount of time after you have driven?
SuperMacGuy
Its not after driving. The car has been sitting in the garage for months doing nothing and it happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.