Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: That annoying tick-tock sound
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
SuperMacGuy
I asked a long time ago about a tick-tock sound coming from the dash somewhere. Every 5 seconds it would tick-tock, like a turn signal flasher. I narrowed it down to definitely the passenger side, definitely electrical (not a vacuum door on the HVAC), always while ignition key was in RUN even when engine not running. Then the other day I had a break through- it tick-tocked when I opened the door, after turning off the car and sitting for a minute. Security? Not HVAC electrical for sure. I took off the lower foot panel and the glove box door, and listened. The BCM? Oh man.

Then I remembered I had taken out the fuse for the interior courtesy lights about a year ago (to save electricity for my tiny battery, to not have to have the rear view mirror lights go on or accidently get bumped on). Let me try that- HALLELUYAH. Tick tock noise stopped immediately. So, if that fuse burns out or you take it out, you get that annoying sound like a flasher or slowly going bad relay.
trackbird
Nice! Those are the tricky ones to find.
GNC Rick
Good call, thanks for heads up....that kind of stuff bugs the hell outta me lol..
GCrites80s
The guy in this video was having the same problem with his '95 C1500. It was driving him nuts! TICK-TOCK! TICK-TOCK! You can see how he solved it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcHvzNBtlOw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.