Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Display Suggestion.
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
Crazy Canuck
When the mouse is over a thread title, it shows the date the thread started.
I think it would be better if instead of that info, it would be the first X characters of the thread... it's very helpful to see what the person is trying to ask when we are surfing fast, so that we don't go inside all threads.
Just another suggestion.

:hiding in the corner: in case objects fly biggrin.gif
trackbird
Mine dosen't show anything??? Hmmmm....
94bird
Mine doesn't show anything either. I seem to remember this worked on ls1.com but never here that I'm aware of.

Along the same lines, I'd ask that people consider putting a little more detail into their topic titles. I can usually tell pretty well on this forum what the post is about, but on other forums it's pretty common to see things like "A little help". Ugh.
trackbird
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Jul 24 2004, 05:39 PM)
:hiding in the corner: in case objects fly biggrin.gif

Do you know how hard it is to throw thing to Canada. Just getting through customs and duty alone is a killer.

I'm not sure why it works for you and not me or 94bird. I know of that feature from ls1tech and such, but I'm not sure how to fix it or why it won't work for us. I'll have to do some checking.
94bird
Crossing the border into Canada is really easy here. If you want, I can act as a relay station for you.
trackbird
QUOTE (94bird @ Jul 25 2004, 01:22 AM)
Crossing the border into Canada is really easy here. If you want, I can act as a relay station for you.

I did that once. I got lost looking for Canada (who loses a whole country???). Wound up driving towards the big, green bridge. I wound up in an abandoned industrial park with what looked like 4th generation homeless in it. I just kept hauling until I hit the border.
Crazy Canuck
Having the cursor on the thread, ie over Display Suggestion shows this:

for sone reason, don't see the cursor but gives you the idea.
It actually only shows if you stay with cursor for something like 2 seconds.
trackbird
Oddly enough, this works at my office, but not at home???
Crazy Canuck
I'm assuming it depends on the browser version.
bruecksteve
What are you using??
trackbird
QUOTE (bruecksteve @ Jul 27 2004, 06:48 AM)
What are you using??

IE, but I'm on Windows NT at work and XP Pro at home.
bruecksteve
I have both Opera, Mozilla, and IE at work. I'll try them all when I get there. It doesn't display that at home on Win2K and IE6.
trackbird
I've got IE6 at home and IE 6 at work??? But for different versions of windows.
Crazy Canuck
I have IE 6.0 on Win XP both @ home and work.
Works on both... maybe some settings.
Anyways... any luck on what makes that show up ?
bruecksteve
It works for me on both IE6 and Mozilla on Win2K. I just wasn't pointing to the right thing. You have to go to a forum and then point to a topic. I guess I was confused... blink.gif

There is nothing in the settings to change that though. It's just built in to the board.
Chris 96 WS6
I notice it gives you the first few lines of the post on vbulletin sites like LS1.com. Too bad you can't get a peak at some vbulletin code, its probably adaptable.
Crazy Canuck
QUOTE (Chris 96 WS6 @ Jul 27 2004, 03:26 PM)
I notice it gives you the first few lines of the post on vbulletin sites like LS1.com. Too bad you can't get a peak at some vbulletin code, its probably adaptable.

That's what I was suggesting biggrin.gif
I'll see if I can dig out info of the vbulletin and let you know what is involved.
Gotta look into some code... and then some admins can give it a try or something.
Chris 96 WS6
Not ls1.com, I meant LS1tech.com

blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.