Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "first unread post" glitch?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
Tony99SS
Whenever I log on to FRRAX, the first thing I do is view the new posts. I click on a thread I've been following, then on the "go to first unread post" button. Without exception, this always takes me to the last post in the thread instead.

Is it just me? Seems I would have heard mention of this, were it not.

Tony
trackbird
I'll check. I've never used that feature, so I can't say, but I'm about to find out.
trackbird
Ok. I just tried it. On the post that I've read all of, it took me to the end. On another post, it took me to the end and then "backed up" about 3 posts. Do you have cookies blocked on your browser? I believe that is how it is set up to function and maybe that is the problem. Has anyone else had this issue?
John_D.
Usually only if the topic has spanned over to another page, then it takes me to the new page, even though the last new post is on the previous page.

Sometimes if there are pictures that get expanded while the page is loading/positioning, it gets a little goofed up.

But most of the time it works right for me.
trackbird
I just tried it again and it didn't work. So, I'm not sure.
slowTA
Usually it takes me to the last post. It only bothers me if I have to scroll back a page, up and down doesn't matter too much.
94bird
It always takes me to the last post I believe. I do have cookies highly restricted in my browser. Learned my lesson with some nasty spyware awhile ago and have a heavy defense against intrusions now.
shortbus
It is kind of an ambiguous name... but it is doing what you'd expect for most of the people posting here.

The FIRST UNREAD POST ... is the OLDEST POST you have NOT read.

I think with the way you worded what you expected - you wanted a "Most recent unread post"

In short:

You wanted LIFO and got FIFO.

My two cents.... or two and oh seventy eight in Canadian.
John_D.
Mine still works ok.

It goes to the first unread post. Not to the last unread post...

Maybe it is a cookies thing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.