Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Poll Issues
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
DanKeen
If I start a poll, it gives me three fields:
Topic Title
Topic Description
Poll Question

However, when I create the topic (can't preview the poll itself), it uses "Topic Title" instead of "Poll Question" sad.gif

BUG!

I'd be happy to look into the code, if I had a copy smile.gif

Dan
trackbird
Hmmm. Research is required. Let me play.
trackbird
I just set up one as a test and it works fine. You must have put "electronic dampers" in the poll question box. I just did an edit on your poll (let me know if you'd like it changed) to ask what I think you wanted to know. Set up another one as a test, then let me know and I can delete it after you experiment. I filled mine out with the field names in the boxes to see what they used and they were all where they belonged.
DanKeen
After finding the problem on the main poll I had, I set one up in the junk forum... same problem. Used Test Poll {A,B,C} for the three fields listed above, and the poll question came out as Test Poll A instead of Test Poll C.

When you did the test, did you also fill in a post, or just the poll information? I think that's what's causing the issue.
trackbird
I filled in all of them. I just filled in each field with the name of that field next to the box and looked to see where it put them all.
trackbird
I just posted a poll as well, in the test forum. I used Poll test a, poll test b, and the question was poll test c. My poll question shows poll test c. I'm confused. Unless it is doing something different for me due to being an admin (it shouldn't). Let me go check board settings.
trackbird
Yes, I placed something in the post.
DanKeen
Argh, that's annoying. Maybe I am a complete idiot. Let me try again.
trackbird
If it still wont' work, I may build me a user account as a test and try it as a "member".
trackbird
It looks like your last one worked?
DanKeen
Ahah! I found the problem.

Do the same steps, but click "Preview Post". When it sends you to the preview - everything is filled in, except the Poll Question. And if you don't notice before you post the poll, *poof* your poll uses the topic title.

See, I'm not crazy after all!
trackbird
Hmm...I just posted it (no preview) and it did its thing. But, as long as we have a resolution, it works for me.

I'll go clean the junk forum now.

thumbup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.