Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for Seat,Harness advice on LS1.comMERCIAL?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Jon A
[Soapbox Mode]

Unbelievable! Anybody else follow this thread?

http://69.56.235.42/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=471156

Posts being edited and deleted. What a joke. The original posts were edited to take out links on where to buy the stuff and to the manufacturers because they aren't sponsors. Somebody asked, "Well then, who among the sponsors sells the stuff so I could buy from a sponsor?" Instead of answering the question, "The Man" simply deleted the post that asked the question. Show me which banner add to click on that has all those harness options in its online catalog and I'll shut up. Nope, easier to just delete it. Now that's helping the F-Body racing community alright....

A post brought up the point that sponsors are moderators there. An example (mine) is Todd @ Discount tire moderating the wheels/tire/suspension section. Here's an example thread:

http://69.56.235.42/forums/showthread.php?...ight=sponsor%2A

Originally posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
blah WAY too much posting of non sponsors.  Support the site that supports you

Gee, I got 8 AFS wheels including shipping off Ebay for what he wants for four. Oh, crap! Did I say that outloud!?! DELETE!!!

Sorry guys, just had to vent. I've told many here about my opinion of that site lately but it really has gotten rediculous. I figured the masses might want to know why I don't post there anymore. There's nothing wrong with sites having sponsors. But when a site goes out of its way to purposely keep F-Body guys from helping other F-Body guys in the interest of $$$, it has gone too far.

Thank God we have this place!

[/Soapbox Mode]
ESPCamaro
I didn't even check to see if my posts were still there. I did notice that Rob's post got deleted.

That was the first autox board I started hanging out on. And really the only board I ever posted to (for the most part)

But now I go back to look around and see this crap.

LS1.com in that sorry ass display lost any interest I had in it.

I wondered if any of you guys were getting to see that horse shit.
94bird
I saw it a few days ago I guess and had to try really hard to not post. I just gave in though. I'm sure Eugenio will either delete posts or lock the thread soon. That's the general way of things there.

BTW, Lonnie, did you have a bad day today or something? Your 2 posts tonight on ls1.com are a bit uncharacteristic for you. blink.gif
SuperCricket
I only head to LS1.com now for my Texas section, which is even a little sketchy half the time. There, this site, and the internal engine section at LS1tech.com are my daily forum visits.

I think someone needs to start PMing the visitors in the Auto-x/RR section to tell them about this site. I'm sure a lot of them still don't know that we have all headed for the hills.
Trance
Have any of you guys noticed that certain links sent in a PM!!! are changed so that it reads ls1.com? What kind of crap is that? Oh well, good thing us rats got off of that ship...
ESPCamaro
As a matter of fact Mike I was kinda crabby last night.

But you are right that was kinda atypical of me. But I knew that most of the people here would never see it. And I was just wondering what it would take to get banned.

That was it..

My only issue to come out of it, Eugenio banned me, but also sent a moderater warning for the tires/suspension forum post. Is he even the moderator of that forum?
Jon A
Thread Notes:  Copied to 'Trash Can' by Eugenio_SS on 02-02-2004 11:35 PM.
Jeff97FST/A
Yea, I noticed too... mad.gif

Still browse there, but that's all. All the knowledge base came here!!! Thanks for all the great information
mjf454
I read that mess last night. I do not like to be told what I can or cant do or read. If Johnny hot shoe sells the race products we want for our cars, I want to see them. I guess if a sponsor does not carry a firecharger system you should carry a moist cloth. wink.gif I live in C.A where everything I like to do is about to get banned soon. I really don't need information to get banned also. These people suck.
Chris 96 WS6
I don't know anybody that takes LS1.com seriously anymore...drag racers like me included. Its just a cash machine for the owners. $150 per month per sponsor x how many sponsors....you do the math.
SuperCricket
Again, has anyone PMed all the lost souls still trying to post over there? They must be saved!
robz71lm7
I've always wondering how in the heck a sponsor can be a moderator? It's ridiculous.
tonycook
I'm another lost soul who has found his way over here. To be honest, I think it is hard to serve two masters i.e. sponsors and members at LS1.com. It introduces bias for the sponsor. Hopefully this site will be overflowing with good info soon.

Tony Cook
Crazy Canuck
Hi,

hope I'm welcomed here. cool.gif
Absolut Speed
Please tell me the original links weren't to Sparco's website... dry.gif What a crock. I wonder how long the RR/AX geared sponsors hang on with less and less traffic there.

I'm mostly using the site for archive searches in the RR/Autox forum and occasional ventures into the Firehawk forum.
Crazy Canuck
QUOTE (ESPCamaro @ Feb 3 2004, 04:48 AM)
As a matter of fact Mike I was kinda crabby last night.

But you are right that was kinda atypical of me. But I knew that most of the people here would never see it. And I was just wondering what it would take to get banned.

That was it..

My only issue to come out of it, Eugenio banned me, but also sent a moderater warning for the tires/suspension forum post. Is he even the moderator of that forum?

just for the record... I did not bann you.
I stunned you for 6 hrs and give you wanrnings... I know it was non-typical of you.
I felt bad, because it didn't seem like you at all.
At a point, I woundered if someone else was using your ID.
btw, I do moderate 3 forums in ls1
231go
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Feb 3 2004, 10:51 PM)
Hi,

hope I'm welcomed here. cool.gif

Don't really see why not. Your just doing your job over there, its the rules that we all have to go by over there that caused ppl to migrate over here.
lateapex
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Feb 3 2004, 11:51 PM)
Hi,

hope I'm welcomed here.  cool.gif

You should be welcome, and you should feel welcome. WELCOME

If you feel that you need to publicly apologize to any one or group here, then I guess that it would be OK. But, I suggest that we not get bogged down in stuff that happened elsewhere. Many of us had little or no knowledge of it, and many who did don’t attribute any offense to you personally. So if you are here as a car guy, well so are we, HELLO.
Guardsman
So this is where all you guys hide out..... biggrin.gif Someone "accidentally" mentioned this site over on LS1.com, so I was curious.....

See you guys around here....
lateapex
It happens on ZO6vette.com also. sad.gif This was today, and it did not even concern any product. There was some (bogus) information posted about the new LS7 engine and 2006 ZO6. Others asked for the source of the info, and the poster was simply providing a link, as requested by other members. See the following reply:

Here is Halltech's site.

***EDIT***

***Sorry, Halltech is not a supporting vendor on this site.

I spoke to Jim a a couple of months ago and thought he was going to come back on the site as a supporting vendor. ***

As Jed Clampet would say, P i i i i i i i i i tiful.
94bird
QUOTE (lateapex @ Feb 4 2004, 04:38 PM)
There was some (bogus) information posted about the new LS7 engine and 2006 ZO6.

Bob, I just asked someone today at a certain supplier about the new LS7. I too thought it was going to be a 6.4L since I had seen a 104mm diameter piston recently from that engine, but this guy said they've upped the displacement now to 7.0L, just as the poster said on Z06Vette.com . Maybe the 6.4L will be in the first year or 2 and then it will jump to 7.0L. I only hear a little info every once in awhile, but the 500 HP number keeps on being consistent.
lateapex
GM, like Porsche, is very accomplished at milking little incremental improvements for all they are worth. Since they have revealed 6.3 / 6.4 liter working prototypes, I think that they will do what they did with the 2001 ZO6. The first/second year buyers, the ones who bleed Corvette blood when the get cut, will forgive the General once again. Maybe this time GM won’t be so transparent; like you suggested, they may wait 2 years before introducing the bigger engine. Then they will get “1st year sales” all over again on a 3 year old model, and can justify bumping the price another $3K. And again, they will get the best advertisement there is: free front cover pics on every auto mag in the world followed by feature articles. No guys can hype cars like car guys. I can see it now, “THE 427 IS BACK AND BADDER THAN EVER”.

But, I am willing to wager big bucks, seriously, that the C6 ZO6 will not weigh under 3050 lbs at the curb. I mean the real curb weight. That 2850 internet figure is just silly. Stupid. The new C6 weighs 3245 minimum per GM. Current ZO6, at 3181, is 70 lbs lighter than a C5. They will not save more than 100 lbs by simply replacing the 2 side rails with aluminum versions, and maybe a carbon hood. Anyway, if it comes out with 500 hp, there will have to be a beefed up drive train and/or heat exchangers which add weight. Those 3 valve heads don’t look lighter. And another 4 to 6 airbags/curtains and pyrotechnic seat belts if they want to keep up with the safety Nazis. I am truly impressed that they have the weight of the current Z at 3181; that’s about 80 lbs less than the all aluminum 360 Modena and 20 lbs less than the smaller, less powerful Porsche GT3. Ferrari “claims” the curb weight of the Enzo is 3009 lbs. Car and Driver weighed it: 3262 lbs curb. That is an all carbon fiber monocoque costing $660,000. Yea, GM is going to hit 2850.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.