Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Site occasionally on the blink
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
Absolut Speed
On a couple different days, I get a sql error when I try to load the site. Any news?
trackbird
I put in trouble tickets with the hosting company. They say all is well (all is not well). It comes back up when their server decides it's in the mood. I'm going to keep tabs on it for a while and if this keeps up, I may look at changing hosting compaines (I hate to move the board if I can avoid the hassle, but I hate the sudden downtime too).
bruecksteve
I haven't had a problem. Wonder if it's another DNS issue?
trackbird
I've been seeing "My SQL" errors. One was "Too many connections" and I was advised that it looks like we may be sharing a server with something "big" and they maxed out the connections to the server. But, they have all been different, I've got some of the e-mails at home with the errors on them I can send you Steve.

It's a random server issue as far as I can tell. The host says it's fine. I'm watching it for now. I'm not sure where I'll go if I move though.
RedHardSupra
It seems that mysql isn't configured properly, and it just doesn't know how to handle many db connections in parallel. The server load itself is low, so I would rule out speed issues. Maybe mysql needs to get 'bumped up' to run of my-huge.cnf, or some socket/shared memory settings need to get adjusted. Who knows, I'd have to get on the box and look.
Can this board work with PostgreSQL? I've converted all my mysql stuff to that, and I haven't had a problem since.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.