Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signature edit problem
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
JimMueller
OK, I'm trying to shorten my signature. The Check signature link tells me my modified signature is 249 characters and that the limit is 250. Yet when I attempt to Update it, it tells me it is too long. unsure.gif
bruecksteve
Jim, I edited your sig by shortening "suspension" to susp.

Hope that's ok.
JimMueller
That's fine, but when I try to edit it myself, it doesn't work correctly. I'm trying to update/shorten the contents of the signature, but even when I'm within the limit, it says it's still too long. It's about twice as long as it's supposed to be at this time.
trackbird
Jim,

I just bumped the maximum amount considerably to see if it would now let you edit it with the larger limit. If you can get it edited, pm me and I'll change the setting back.
Teutonic Speedracer
I was having the same problem too....so I just left it alone last time......I guess I should've contacted you.
trackbird
QUOTE (Teutonic Speedracer @ Apr 21 2005, 10:34)
I was having the same problem too....so I just left it alone last time......I guess I should've contacted you.

I can put it back so you can shrink it. I'll change it now.
35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS
I have the same problem too. it says I have 423 characters now
trackbird
Ok. I reset it to 1000 again, that should allow you to reduce the size of it. I guess I need to post a sticky to let everyone know to shrink them. Once you change yours, let me know and I'll reset the board.
I gave up. I still couldn't get it to work. the the [color} tags are counted in the length grrr
trackbird
QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ May 18 2005, 11:43)
I gave up. I still couldn't get it to work. the the [color} tags are counted in the length grrr

Hang on, I'll change the site back so you can edit it.
trackbird
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 18 2005, 11:46)
QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ May 18 2005, 11:43)

Hang on, I'll change the site back so you can edit it.

Changed. You may fix it now.
Ok, thanks, I made it shorter, 308 characters, but it's shorter than it was.
trackbird
QUOTE (35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS @ May 18 2005, 20:08)
Ok, thanks, I made it shorter, 308 characters, but it's shorter than it was.

The limit is 250..... wink.gif You need to be under that in order to edit it next time.
it's good enough for now

half the time the stupid avatar takes up more space than the sig anyways
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.