Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rita is coming
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
AndyJ
Fox is reporting the Texas National Guard has been recalled from New Orleans. Galveston just issued mandatory evacuation orders.

Any body on the list in harm's way? I am 40 miles north of Dallas with a bit of extra room and a Suburban/trailer if anyone needs help relocating assets. Everybody on the list here has been a great help with my questions.... just let me know.

Andy
felton316
I am not going anywhere...... Got enough food, water, and ammo. Just need to pick up some food for the dog.

I'm 15 minutes from G-town and they say there is going to be a mandatory evac scheduled for Thursday. I always have the funniest times during the Hurricanes. Last time we pulled out the canoes and had a blast, until the neighbor got a Driving under the influence, because he had a open beer on his jetski on a public road.
Formula WS6
biggrin.gif hahahahaha who pulled him over? wouldnt it have to be marine patrol since he was on a water craft or would regular cops be sufficient since he was on a public road. id fight that one.
felton316
Regular cops were out in the streets with waders on. They were also making us put on life jackets in the canoes. We were able to canoe and drink, since it wasn't motorized. We made handfuls of cash canoing to the corner store making beer runs for the entire neighborhood.
Lucas Black
houston tx here.....bout half hour west of downtown....thinking about relocating a bit up northerly...maybe parents casa...unsure
felton316
QUOTE (Lucas Black @ Sep 21 2005, 01:33)
houston tx here.....bout half hour west of downtown....thinking about relocating a bit up northerly...maybe parents casa...unsure

Dammit, they're saying it might be a Cat 5 by the end of the day. If that happens, I might just leave...... Let's hope for the best.
AllZWay
Good Luck to you South Texas guys.

I am in NE Texas on the OK border...so no worries here...but should any of you need a place to evacuate too...let me know.
CMC #37
I'm sure the whole group here won't mind me saying our thoughts and prayers are with you all in the danger zone. Keep us posted! At least FEMA is already at work on this one!
mitchntx
I live southwest of Ft. Worth ...

No gas and the grocery stores are running out of bottled water, bread and canned foods ...

blink.gif
rmackintosh
Stay safe guys! cool.gif

Mitch....no barbequeing in 156 MPH winds please!

:leaving:
trackbird
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Sep 22 2005, 13:52)

Do you know how fast you could stoke up the grill in that kind of wind? Hmmm....
v7guy
not to mention, the weathers going to be a nice 85 degrees or so
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (v7guy @ Sep 22 2005, 13:30)
not to mention, the weathers going to be a nice 85 degrees or so

We're in Pearland. Been battoning down the hatches all week. Funny how cool and nice it was yesterday morning, and how miserable and hot it was this morning. At least a breeze is blowing now. :-)

Stay dry!

Gene Beaird
sgarnett
QUOTE (trackbird @ Sep 22 2005, 14:28)
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Sep 22 2005, 13:52)

Do you know how fast you could stoke up the grill in that kind of wind? Hmmm....

Do they make grills with a Ram-Air hood?

Hmmm, anybody remeber the final scene in "Gone in Sixty Seconds"?

Mitch, who needs bottled water? Don't you have enough bottled homebrew to get you through?

Stay safe, guys ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.