Pages: 1, 2
patred
Sold.
wannafbody
location?
patred
I'm near Baltimore, Md.
sgarnett
I wish I was sitting on $4K spare right now. Got any pics just to torture me?
patred
QUOTE (sgarnett @ Oct 18 2005, 07:20)
I wish I was sitting on $4K spare right now. Got any pics just to torture me?

From the Atlanta Pro Regatta last year. Karen seems to like this one for some reason. rant.gif

I'll try and dig up some more when I get home.

Pat
CMC #37
Rats! Wish this car was available when I bought the '91 Formula basket case!
Sam Strano
I'll just add that I think Pat's insane for doing this, especially for this price. If I had $4k handy I'd buy the damn thing. I've known the car for a while as it previously belonged to the guy who bought my '91 1LE. smile.gif

Buy this car if you are at all interested in a 3rd gen.
trackbird
Pat, can I ask what you're replacing it with?

*looking under couch for $4k I misplaced*
Sam Strano
I'll add that I'm sure the front bar is a Hollow 36 (factory on this car) and not a 35... smile.gif
patred
QUOTE (Sam Strano @ Oct 18 2005, 11:39)
I'll add that I'm sure the front bar is a Hollow 36 (factory on this car) and not a 35... smile.gif

Maybe I'll measure it tonight with a micrometer after I'm done attempting to JB Weld the hairline crack in the SE-R transmission. rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (trackbird)
Pat, can I ask what you're replacing it with?

I've kind of already replaced it (see avatar biggrin.gif ). The Sentra may end up with close to the same whp as the Firebird had with the 305 while still being N/A. laugh.gif

But if I sell the Firebird, I'll be down to just the SE-R so I may get a truck for towing since I still have my trailer.

Pat
trackbird
I drove a Nissan Sentra SE-R the first year they were out and I wanted one badly. So, I understand fully.
patred
Let's see if I can avoid the red X's.

Pic from previous owner ... from the rear quarter panels forward it was rattle-can white:

Early in '03 at VMP just after it was painted (note: these are the stock rims that are on the car now):

Last year (about 2K miles ago) at Ripken Stadium:

Same day as above at Ripken with Karen driving and Jason Burns riding shotgun feeling the power of the F Body:

Loser with a LB9 thirdgen gets a holeshot on the LT1 (hi Brian!):

Only driven on Sundays:
BigEnos
Wow, thanks Pat. Now I have *another* picture of my car from the ProSolo I won that year!

nutkick.gif
rpoz-29
I posted your car in the classfied ads on VMSC's website. If I had one fewer toys, I would buy it. Good luck with it, I'm talking it up.
patred
QUOTE (rpoz-29 @ Oct 21 2005, 19:43)
I posted your car in the classfied ads on VMSC's website. If I had one fewer toys, I would buy it. Good luck with it, I'm talking it up.

Thanks ... if I still have it, I'll probably bring it to the next NASA autocross at VMP.

Pat

P.S. It's Griffith, as in Andy and Melanie. smile.gif
ESPCamaro
Well Pat are you looking to just get rid of it or round up some cash.

I'd be willing to work out a trade. And build a pseudo Madarash-mobile.
rpoz-29
Oops, I wondered about that. I had a 50/50 chance of screwing it up! BTW, how is it as a street car? Did you ever dyno it?
patred
QUOTE (rpoz-29 @ Oct 23 2005, 07:40)
BTW, how is it as a street car? Did you ever dyno it?

It's fine as a street car. The springs aren't much stiffer than stock (and I think a little softer in the rear). I was going to experiment with a little bit stiffer springs in front.

It has the dual cats (which I replaced a couple years ago), AIR tubes, EGR, etc so it has all the emissions stuff intact.

I didn't get around to dynoing it with the new long block. It did make 209 whp and 275 wtq with the 305. smile.gif

Pat
souseless
I cant buy the car since My wife will not allow me to have two cars to take up my time, but I was wondering about your front springs. I have the ground control set up with 750# front sprins (8") and I am having a bit of trouble with the car being too low for local driving. What length are your front springs? I need to have Sam get me some new ones for next season.
patred
Even Boltman could go fast in it. wink.gif
35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS
I tried, but the 3rd gens are a bit harder to drive than even the 4th gens... It drove really good, I just screwed up once or twice in the heavy braking zones on a couple of my runs. Not too hard to just jump into and drive though. Thanks for the ride.
trackbird
Wait, so did Boltman not go fast in it? :leaving: Is Pat engaging in false advertising? rant.gif We need the story....how fast did Boltman go? burnout.gif
patred
QUOTE (trackbird @ Oct 31 2005, 11:48)
Wait, so did Boltman not go fast in it? :leaving: Is Pat engaging in false advertising? rant.gif We need the story....how fast did Boltman go? burnout.gif

He went faster than the car owner ...

of the exact same type of F Body he owns! burnout.gif

Pat
I was close to Pat... about 2 tenths or so until his last run... then he put some time on me (7 tenths?)
But like I said, I screwed up in the heavy braking zones due to unfamiliarity with the car. Whoever buys the car should be able to get used to it with some seat time. I've just never driven a 3rd gen before and never had to worry about slowing down from speed without the aid of ABS.
still for sale?
patred
Deleted info describing parts that no longer come with the car.
nape
Damn, this better not still be around at the end of the summer otherwise I may end up with a one-way plane ticket and a 700 mile drive home. banghead.gif 2thumbs.gif
CMC #37
"Back away from the keyboard, NOW!" rant2.gif - Jules' husband! wink.gif
slowTA
<---- If I didn't have this orange dust collector, I would have a white one instead.

At least mine has a solid roof dry.gif
CMC90
Hi Pat,

I left you a voice mail. I'm interested in buying your car. Please give me a call.

Thanks,

Chris
98_1LE
Would it make a good daily driver?

Four days of daily driving my T/A, err fatboy climbing over the roll bar, has me thinking I need a fun daily.
patred
QUOTE (98_1LE @ Mar 27 2006, 11:27 PM) *
Would it make a good daily driver?

Maybe not during the middle of summer in Texas (no AC). smile.gif

Pat
98_1LE
That would be a deal killer. Thanks, and good luck.
CMC #37
You couldn't find an AC unit and install it? Seems like the boneyards are full of these. I have one or two units laying around here taken out of CMC 3rd gens.
SS2win
pm sent... let me know if it sold.
trackbird
QUOTE (patred @ Apr 19 2006, 10:27 AM) *
One more time before I part it out and sell the car without most of the suspension goodies (as in no weight jacker kit, T2R ... stock torque arm, panhard bar re-installed). If the car's not gone by this weekend, the stuff's coming off. I figure an easy $1,500 worth of parts can be sold, and I can still unload the car for more than $2K.

Pat

Pat, you're killing me. Really killing me.

Let me talk to my wife.....again...... nutkick.gif

What and how many wheels come with this thing?
patred
QUOTE (trackbird @ Apr 19 2006, 08:49 AM) *
What and how many wheels come with this thing?

It just has the stock 16" wheels. I sold the 17's already.

Pat
trackbird
I could write a check for it right now, but I would likely wind up divorced.

I'm trying to work out what/how long it would take me to gather cash through alternate means (play money funds, selling off some items I don't need, etc). I don't think I'm going to be fast enough for you (but I might be interested in discussing it).

Don't ask me why I waited this long to decide that I should buy this car. But I'm still thinking of parting with my 4th gen and buying this, installing the AC and driving it daily for a while. That would get rid of my car payment and allow me to focus on land and a new house (one of the next plans on the list).
nape
Still, I would love to say yes to buying it, but I'm not quite there yet on the cash. How's the floor in her, rust-wise?

I'm at least interested in the rear end depending on price.

Like I said, if it was the end of the summer. rant.gif banghead.gif beerchug.gif

*wants another 3rd gen daily... very badly*
y5e06
If you part it out let me know how much you want for the T2R. I need one....
patred
QUOTE (nape @ Apr 19 2006, 05:32 PM) *
How's the floor in her, rust-wise?

No rust problems at all. Maybe light surface rust that could be sanded away by hand. Seriously, the only major rust issue is the T-top pilar, and that's a bolt-in piece. I've never considered rust an issue on this car.

Pat
SS2win
still thinking I could meet you in the carolina's but it's a long drive for both of us... huh.gif
SuperBeetle
Hey Pat,

Would you take a thousand bucks and my Caprice wagon? I'll bring you the wagon and drive the Firebird home. Alternately, find somebody to buy my wagon for anything about $2k and we have a deal.
patred
QUOTE (SuperBeetle @ May 1 2006, 10:14 AM) *
Hey Pat,

Would you take a thousand bucks and my Caprice wagon? I'll bring you the wagon and drive the Firebird home. Alternately, find somebody to buy my wagon for anything about $2k and we have a deal.

Is it an LT1 wagon? I've always kinda wanted one, especially if it has wood paneling. smile.gif Other than that, I'm not looking for trades right now. Also keep in mind that much of the stuff has already been sold (weight jackers went out yesterday, panhard bar and STB were sold, T2R is out of the car and will be in the mail shortly, had someone interested in the headers) so it will be much closer to stock. About the only thing it will be is a clean Firebird with a 350 and T5.

(I've updated the add to what's currently on the car.)

Pat
trackbird
QUOTE (patred @ May 1 2006, 03:44 PM) *
QUOTE (SuperBeetle @ May 1 2006, 10:14 AM) *

Hey Pat,

Is it an LT1 wagon? I've always kinda wanted one, especially if it has wood paneling. smile.gif
Pat

I've seen the wagon, it's an LT1 "woody" wagon, that is correct. (Superbeetle was my "stand-in" co-driver for the last two events of last year).
patred
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 1 2006, 03:55 PM) *
I've seen the wagon, it's an LT1 "woody" wagon, that is correct. (Superbeetle was my "stand-in" co-driver for the last two events of last year).

What kind of condition is it in? Rust, paint, mileage, etc, etc. If Superbeet has any current pics, that'd be great (e-mail is patred48 "at" verizon.net). I've seriously considered an LT1 Caprice/Roadmaster wagon or light duty truck once the Firebird is gone.

Pat
trackbird
QUOTE (patred @ May 1 2006, 07:06 PM) *
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 1 2006, 03:55 PM) *

What kind of condition is it in? Rust, paint, mileage, etc, etc. If Superbeet has any current pics, that'd be great (e-mail is patred48 "at" verizon.net). I've seriously considered an LT1 Caprice/Roadmaster wagon or light duty truck once the Firebird is gone.

Pat

Honestly, it's like a 50,000-ish (50 and change?) wagon bought from a little old lady (as I remember). It is in very good shape from what I've seen.
Mericet
He has some picures here: http://www.squidcar.com/carimages/bubble/tablepage.html

Those were taken just after he bought the car.
patred
QUOTE (Mericet @ May 1 2006, 11:52 PM) *
He has some picures here: http://www.squidcar.com/carimages/bubble/tablepage.html

Is the LT1 Caprice in the garage?

Pat
trackbird
QUOTE (patred @ May 2 2006, 08:04 AM) *
QUOTE (Mericet @ May 1 2006, 11:52 PM) *

Is the LT1 Caprice in the garage?

Pat

I believe the 911 and a Phaeton have the garage filled up.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.