Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AIM Customer Service
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Unbalanced Engineering
I've had a slew of recent bad customer experiences and it seems to me like customer service is dead which I find very odd..... In any case I just got off the phone with Ron at AIM (Toyo supplier) with another one. So in accordance with my new policy of punishing the guilty....

I called AIM last Tuesday to order a set of Toyo 225/45/15's hoping to get this before Willow this past weekend. I spoke with Ron and he said that they were out of stock but the truck was delivering more Wednesday and they would shave and ship them the same day which should get them to me by Friday. Great! He took my info and we hung up.

Well Friday came and went and no tires. I thought well, they didn't quite make it and I did call kinda late to get them. Monday no tires. This morning I got a call from Ron (before I had a chance to call him) and he said "I think I wrote down your credit card information wrong because it won't go through and I need it before I can ship your tires today."

I said "you told me when I ordered them that I'd have them by Friday"

Rod replyed "you didn't order them until Friday."

to which I replyed "I ordered them Tuesday and they were supposed to ship when the truck came in on Wednesday".

Then Ron said "well the truck didn't get here until Friday do you want these tires or not."

I said "yes I want them, but I really was expecting them much earlier"

Ron said "I couldn't have sent them out anyway because your card was declined"

I mentioned that he had said he wrote the card number down wrong at which point he said that he was just being nice and if I wasn't going to be he didn't have to sell me the tires.

At that point I got kinda pissed because I've purchased a lot of tires from AIM over the years and now this BS is going on so I let Ron know what I thought of his attitude, customer service, constantly chaninging story ect. So basically I won't be buying tires from AIM again even if I have to pay CUT or someone else more for them. I hope this saves someone else some grief...

YMMV,
Jason S.
Shortcutsleeping
QUOTE (Jason)
So in accordance with my new policy of punishing the guilty....

Jason,

I *REALLY* like that new policy. Thanks for the info.

Costas
cars and such...
mitchntx
I've had nothing but great service from Vilven.

Tires delivered when promised ...
Crazy Canuck
damm.... what an attitude.
Initially, I thought it was AIM (AOL Instant Messaging) rotf.gif
Best of luck finding tires elsewhere.
Teutonic Speedracer
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Feb 14 2006, 22:11)
Initially, I thought it was AIM (AOL Instant Messaging) rotf.gif

That's what I thought too.....I was like maybe he figured out how to have that stupid extra IE window stop popping up everytime I log into AIM with latest version. I can't find an option to turn it off.....and it's real annoying! banghead.gif
Soma07
QUOTE (Teutonic Speedracer @ Feb 15 2006, 05:50)
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Feb 14 2006, 22:11)
Initially, I thought it was AIM (AOL Instant Messaging)  rotf.gif

That's what I thought too.....I was like maybe he figured out how to have that stupid extra IE window stop popping up everytime I log into AIM with latest version. I can't find an option to turn it off.....and it's real annoying! banghead.gif

There is an easy way to fix that, stop using AIM smile.gif

Use Gaim instead:

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

Sorry about the hijack Jason!
Unbalanced Engineering
Whoops, I guess since I don't use any IM, the "other" AIM skipped my mind. Yeah, I've used Cut/Vilven in the past and had great service as well.

If I had called and been told the tires would be here in a week that would have been fine. It was the changing story and crazy attitude that REALLY turned me off.

Jason S.
rmackintosh
Sorry to hear that Jason.

Ron is a nice guy, but I too have found his attention to detail a little off. I gave him a set of 275/315 tires to put on my 9.5/11 rims last year.....came back later and he had put the the 275's on the 11" rims and the 315's on the 9.5 rims.... blink.gif ....I told him and he got all pissed that I didn't tell him....which I did.... ph34r.gif
mitchntx
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Feb 15 2006, 10:55)
came back later and he had put the the 275's on the 11" rims and the 315's on the 9.5 rims.... blink.gif ....

Now that is just an insane lack of attention and/or common sense.
rmackintosh
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Feb 15 2006, 12:15)
came back later and he had put the the 275's on the 11" rims and the 315's on the 9.5 rims.... blink.gif ....

Now that is just an insane lack of attention and/or common sense.

...yeah.....most likely it was the kid doing the work, but still....I didnt need the attitude, especially since I needed the tires for a particular session, and didn't make it... dry.gif
35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS
he had put the the 275's on the 11" rims and the 315's on the 9.5 rims.... blink.gif ....I told him and he got all pissed that I didn't tell him....

For some reason I would think that you wouldn't have to tell someone with an IQ greater than say a gerbil to put the wider tires on the wider rims. :stupid:
Crazy Canuck
QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Feb 15 2006, 11:55)
Sorry to hear that Jason.

Ron is a nice guy, but I too have found his attention to detail a little off. I gave him a set of 275/315 tires to put on my 9.5/11 rims last year.....came back later and he had put the the 275's on the 11" rims and the 315's on the 9.5 rims.... blink.gif ....I told him and he got all pissed that I didn't tell him....which I did.... ph34r.gif

That's crazy... did you also have to mention that the tires were to be mounted on the wheels, and not squished between the spokes ? nutkick.gif
He's supposedly a professional... with 2 sizes, he should have enough brain cells to know that the biggest tire goes on the biggest wheel.
Not to mention that he should know that putting 315s on 9.5 is a no-no. rant.gif rant2.gif
And he calls himself professional... rotf.gif
Crazy Canuck
SQRT(Ron's IQ) > (Ron's IQ)

Figure the rest... rotf.gif

If one request 4 directional tires... will he be smart enough to fit 2 rights and 2 lefts ? or at least ask the question ?
I'm thinking neither. nutkick.gif
Teutonic Speedracer
It's important to me that if something isn't going to be delivered on time, that the vendor calls and makes you aware of this. I also don't appreciate....the "another 2 weeks, another 2 weeks....."
Crazy Canuck
QUOTE (Teutonic Speedracer @ Feb 15 2006, 20:18)
It's important to me that if something isn't going to be delivered on time, that the vendor calls and makes you aware of this. I also don't appreciate....the "another 2 weeks, another 2 weeks....."

especially when you only get it when YOU decide to call... while they won't even bother giving you a call to let you know.
Shit happens, but there are ways of dealing w/ it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.