Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lo-Fi Version?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
steve-d
rant.gif
slowTA
I thought the Hi-Fi version was the regular frrax.com. The lo-fi version is great for wireless devices, the only downside is that you are directed back to the hi-fi site to login, search, and post... which crashes my phone.

Not sure I get what you're trying to say.
Crazy Canuck
mkae your phone faster than your car and you can have high res on it.... rotf.gif
j/k
slowTA
But I have a picture of my car on my phone... that has to count for something, right?
steve-d
At the bottom of every page it says "lo-fi" If you click it and try to convert to Hi-fi, nothing happens to convert the site. What's it for if nothing happens?

SD

QUOTE (slowTA @ Feb 27 2006, 06:03 PM) *
I thought the Hi-Fi version was the regular frrax.com. The lo-fi version is great for wireless devices, the only downside is that you are directed back to the hi-fi site to login, search, and post... which crashes my phone.

Not sure I get what you're trying to say.
slowTA
I still don't see what the problem is. I clicked on "Lo-Fi" and it worked. Then at the bottom of the lo-fi page it says "This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here." Which brings you back to the full version. In fact, it brought me to the same thread I was in originally each time I clicked? Is that part not working for you?
trackbird
Steve,

Are you seeing a blue background or a white one on your pages? If it's blue (similar to what it was before), you're on the high res version. If it's white and "basic", it's the low fi.
steve-d
Hi Kev,

It is white. Don't know what the prob is preventing me from changing to hi-fi.

Steve

QUOTE (trackbird @ Feb 28 2006, 04:06 PM) *
Steve,

Are you seeing a blue background or a white one on your pages? If it's blue (similar to what it was before), you're on the high res version. If it's white and "basic", it's the low fi.

This is what I see at the bottom of each page:
* "lo-fi version"

When I click on it I then see at the bottom of the next page:

* "This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here."

When I click it and return, the bottom of the pages remain with "lo-fi" on them.

I just thought I'd bring it up. I suppose it's no biggie.

steve
trackbird
QUOTE (steve-d @ Mar 1 2006, 10:40 AM) *
Hi Kev,

It is white. Don't know what the prob is preventing me from changing to hi-fi.

Steve
This is what I see at the bottom of the page:
* "lo-fi version"

When I click on it I then see:

* "This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here."

When I click it and return, the bottom of the pages remain with "lo-fi" on them.

I just thought I'd bring it up. I suppose it's no biggie.

steve

When you click it, do the posts look "normal" (more like the old board) and have a blue background? If so, it's switching to the "hi fi" version properly and the "Lo-Fi version" at the bottom of the page is just there to switch it back.
steve-d
QUOTE (trackbird @ Mar 1 2006, 10:43 AM) *
When you click it, do the posts look "normal" (more like the old board) and have a blue background? If so, it's switching to the "hi fi" version properly and the "Lo-Fi version" at the bottom of the page is just there to switch it back.

Probably so. It does look full featured. It does have a pale blue background. Not full white at all.

It guess its fine then. It just confused me that nothing acknowledged having switched to the hi-fi version. Something like:

"You've succeeded in switching to our HI- FI version--You truly are a computer genius!!!" or something to that effect.

Steve tongue.gif
trackbird
Yea, the low fi is just white background with "boxes" around the posts. The hi fi looks mostly like the old board and the "lo fi" at the bottom of the page is to switch back to lo fi, not saying that you are on the lo fi. It's a bit confusing the way they did it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.