Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's with the new banners and site slow-down?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
maddrtwinkletoes
... I'm trying to figure out if this is malware on my box, or frrax.com

Last night ffrax.com wasn't accessible for me, and now then the site started popping up some extra ad banners above the sponsors, for finanial services. Not only that, but any link I click now takes *forever* to load, 10 secs or more. It's frustrating.

Anyone else get these? I blocked them all for now, but the site slowdown for me is still a real nuissance. I'm just wondering if it's malware, or ffrax.com.

Nik

--
Black [-----] LT1 twin turbo (slowed down, but not out)
marka
Howdy,

Here too... Lots of waiting for rus-host.net.

Mark
trackbird
I'm not seeing it, but we've been discussing it in the mod forum. It appears that we've been "invaded" and I need to find how to clean it out of the site (project for this weekend). Eugenio saw it first and I thought he was nuts, then Chris came up with it too and some research and it seems to be scripted into the site (somehow).

I'm going to try to find out how to fix it over the weekend. Sorry guys, it's not supposed to be there and we are not getting paid for it (meaning, I didn't plan it).
maddrtwinkletoes
Thanks, Kevin! That's all I wanted to know.

Ni

--
Black [-----] LT1 twin turbo
sgarnett
I just finished updating all my malware checks for the same reason. Firefox must be blocking the extra banners because I don't see them, but the rus-host.net crap is moving at a crawl.
Jon A
Freakin' Russians. They're using your bandwidth to send more secret messages to Saddam.
Crazy Canuck
does that mean that I'm sane ??? banghead.gif
oh well... thought I wasn't rotf.gif
trackbird
I'm still trying to find the "crap" that I need to get rid of. Then there are more updates to do, etc.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.