Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "last unread post" red square
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
steve-d
clicking on the little red square takes you to the "last unread post"

That's the same as the last post.

It'd be more convenient if it took you to the first unread post, especially regarding very long threads.

Steve
John_D.
Mine does that. (takes you to the first unread post)

I usually try to log out when I´m done browsing though, so my session doesn´t keep going.
steve-d
No, actually when I do it, the board takes me to the last unread post. On a long thread I am bought to the very last post. Doesn't make much sence to me.

QUOTE (John_D. @ Apr 5 2006, 05:06 PM) *
Mine does that. (takes you to the first unread post)

I usually try to log out when I´m done browsing though, so my session doesn´t keep going.
John_D.
Here´s another thought. When you are logged on, if you don´t navigate to another page (I think going "back") doesn´t count, after about 15-20 minutes the board will reset your last visited time. If you still have your search page open (i.e. "view new posts") the new posts will still show up, but the last unread will be based on your new last visited time (which is about 20 minutes ago now...)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.