Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: adding pics to threads
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
John_D.
A while back I posted some pictures showing how to eliminate the AC part of the HVAC while still retaining the heat. There were a couple of loose ends I wrapped up recently, and wanted to post the pictures for those. (the resistor coil relocation, and the two plates)

The first photos must have been posted before one of the upgrades, because they are under frrax, not some remote site. But with the current version I can't post up the last few photos of the process.

Is that on the list of things to do? Any thoughts on when it might get looked into?
trackbird
QUOTE (John_D. @ Apr 12 2006, 10:27 AM) *
A while back I posted some pictures showing how to eliminate the AC part of the HVAC while still retaining the heat. There were a couple of loose ends I wrapped up recently, and wanted to post the pictures for those. (the resistor coil relocation, and the two plates)

The first photos must have been posted before one of the upgrades, because they are under frrax, not some remote site. But with the current version I can't post up the last few photos of the process.

Is that on the list of things to do? Any thoughts on when it might get looked into?

After the upgrade, I couldn't upload photos. Then, after the second upgrade, I still couldn't. I contacted IBS and they said "We checked the permissions on all of your folders and you should be fine now". I haven't taken time to try it, but I suspected that it wasn't working yet. I'll see if Lee can tell me how to correct this. It appears to be a "permissions" issue with writing to the folders that will need changed on the server.

I'll move it up the list and see what I can do.
RedHardSupra
QUOTE (trackbird @ Apr 12 2006, 09:41 AM) *

After the upgrade, I couldn't upload photos. Then, after the second upgrade, I still couldn't. I contacted IBS and they said "We checked the permissions on all of your folders and you should be fine now". I haven't taken time to try it, but I suspected that it wasn't working yet. I'll see if Lee can tell me how to correct this. It appears to be a "permissions" issue with writing to the folders that will need changed on the server.

this should be really simple, wanna work on that thursday night maybe?
John_D.

Sounds good. smile.gif

The error message said something about exceeding my limit or a global limit. So it may be as simple as bumping up a number that's tucked away somewhere...
trackbird
QUOTE (RedHardSupra @ Apr 12 2006, 11:13 AM) *

this should be really simple, wanna work on that thursday night maybe?

Sure.

EDIT:

It seems that I can attach photos now. Let me go check the global limits for the mods.....

Second Edit:

Try it now. The Moderators had a total upload limit (including stored PM's) of 150k, I made it 100 megs (for now). Just don't go nuts, we only have a gig on this server, try to resize photos for minimum memory size.
John_D.
I'll give it a whirl this evening, when I get back to my home pc.

Thanks for checking into it! smile.gif

I tried to size the new ones around 30k each, so that shouldn't chew up too much space.

Just noticed something - now when I am on the reply window, in the block for file attachments, it tells me "Global Space Left: 96.75mb". I don't remember it having anything there before.
trackbird
QUOTE (John_D. @ Apr 12 2006, 02:56 PM) *
I'll give it a whirl this evening, when I get back to my home pc.

Thanks for checking into it! smile.gif

I tried to size the new ones around 30k each, so that shouldn't chew up too much space.

Just noticed something - now when I am on the reply window, in the block for file attachments, it tells me "Global Space Left: 96.75mb". I don't remember it having anything there before.

That's because it thought it was full and there was no room left. By raising your limits, you should be able to post.

Let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.