Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Announcing another Blaine Fab Lexan spoiler GP
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
Blainefab
Pictures and testimonials are here:
http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=7243

Spoiler is CMC legal, 3 cars at Nationals were using the RR version

Fitments available for 4th gen Camaro and TransAm, 3rd Gen Fbod, Corvette C4 and C5, Gen2 Mazda RX7, others if I have a car available to make the template from.

Announcing Group Purchase pricing on Blaine Fab's Lexan rear spoiler: The spoiler replaces the OEM spoiler for approx 7# weight saving. All hardware is stainless steel and aluminum. Angle of spoiler is adjustable from approx straight up to approx 45deg layback. Adjustment is accomplished without use of tools. The spoiler is mounted by drilling 10 holes thru the rear of the decklid, and bolting it on. The RR version has been proven on ITE, AI and CMC cars.

Normal pricing on the BF spoiler is:
Open Road Race 5" $390
Road Race 7.5" $400
Prepared autox 10" $430

For this GP, for a total of 3 to 5 sales (combined any version) I will drop the prices 15%, ie:
Open Road Race 5" $332
Road Race 7.5" $340
Prepared autox 10" $366

If the GP generates a total of 6 or more sales (combined any version) I will drop the prices 20%, ie:
Open Road Race 5" $312
Road Race 7.5" $320
Prepared autox 10" $344

shipping and CA sales tax for deliveries in CA will be added to the above prices

I will leave the GP open for 10days, please post interest or questions on this thread. For a firm order, please PM me or email me ship to ZIP code at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com, or call the shop at 831 427-3296 and I will calc total cost once we determine the discount level.

Payment due at close of GP. Spoilers will ship approx 3wks after the GP closes.

Thanks and regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
trackbird
I'm seriously considering it.....

Let me see what happens with our trip car shopping tonight (for my wife, not me, the Z is still here) and how broke I am.

I think I'd try the road race version, I could still autocross with it (even if it does little, I won't be "over spoilered" on a road course).

Put me down as "tenative" (or if we need one more at the end). I'll post up as soon as I'm more certain.

What's shipping on a 7.5" to Galloway, OH 43119?
marka
Howdy,

For a combination autox & track car, should I go with the CP version or the roadrace version? Will the CP version generate too much downforce on the track, even at its lowest setting?

If you get to the 20% discount level, I'm in.

And I'm at 44514 for shipping...

Mark
Mojave
Anyone got a pic of one of these on a C4?
firehawkclone
I'm in....... Again!

I found a TA hatch for $50

EDIT: I'm sure you knew this Alan, but a 7.5
johns68
I'm in, Alan. 7.5" for a 4th gen, please.

Mojave, I almost bought a C4 with a bad motor back in March. Seller's name was Evan, in southern Oregon I think (I spotted the car online). Point is, if it wasn't a Blaine Fab spoiler on the car, it was an exact copy of one. He used to have a bunch of pics online, even long after the car was sold. I think I used to find them by googling "corvette road race monster" ... his description, not mine.
CMC #37
QUOTE (johns68 @ Oct 23 2006, 10:59 PM) *
I'm in, Alan. 7.5" for a 4th gen, please.

Mojave, I almost bought a C4 with a bad motor back in March. Seller's name was Evan, in southern Oregon I think (I spotted the car online). Point is, if it wasn't a Blaine Fab spoiler on the car, it was an exact copy of one. He used to have a bunch of pics online, even long after the car was sold. I think I used to find them by googling "corvette road race monster" ... his description, not mine.

That was a Blaine Fab spoiler - Evan's Vette spent a lot of time in Alan's shop. wink.gif
Blainefab
QUOTE (Mojave @ Oct 23 2006, 07:21 PM) *
Anyone got a pic of one of these on a C4?

Absolutely - Here are 2 of Blaine Fab's favorite builds:

Evan Ginsberg's ITE car
galleries at: http://community.webshots.com/user/wavslav

And Scott McClung's track car: more pics at:
http://para.noid.org/~c4racer/C4RACER/Oct-04/index.html

Blainefab
QUOTE (marka @ Oct 23 2006, 03:55 PM) *
Howdy,

For a combination autox & track car, should I go with the CP version or the roadrace version? Will the CP version generate too much downforce on the track, even at its lowest setting?

If you get to the 20% discount level, I'm in.

And I'm at 44514 for shipping...

Mark

Mark - JonA is pretty sure that the 10" won't be too much on the road course with a front splitter. I'm sure that at autocross speeds you'd need the 10" to make significant downforce. I do make sure that it has a very broad range of angle adjustment so even without a splitter, laid down, I believe it will be OK at the higher road course speeds.
Blainefab
Well, this one has taken off too! Thanks guys! There are 6 on the list already, if everybody commits we will be at the 20% discount level.

To summarize the status to date:

Trackbird 7.5" 4th gen Camaro tenative 43119

Marka 10" 4th gen Camaro committed if 20% disc 44514

Mojave C4 Corvette interested TX

Firehawkclone 7.5" 4th gen TransAm committed Bakersfield great deal on the hatch John!

Johns68 7.5" 4th gen Camaro committed Welcome to FRRAX John!

Tony 7.5"?? 4th gen TransAm interested 35244

As the discount level firms up, I'll PM you all with shipping, total $$ and payment options

This GP is not restricted to FRRAX members, if you see interest on another board please steer them here or my way. Unfortunately I don't have the time to get active on other forums.

ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com or call the shop 831 427-3296

Thanks again!
Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
SSTAT
If this hits 20% im in for a road race version and a black 1 1/4" Delrin shift knob to fit factory 97 hurst handle ($45 right?) - thanks for the opportunity, if this goes, send stickers
Pat
Jon A
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Oct 24 2006, 03:00 AM) *
Mark - JonA is pretty sure that the 10" won't be too much on the road course with a front splitter.

Yes, and I believe one of the biggest advantages to Alan's spoilers are their versatility--I think when layed down it'd probably be fine with no front aero.

Changing the angle of the spoiler makes a huge difference in the downforce it will provide (and the drag it causes). The 10" layed all the way down should produce quite a bit less downforce (and even a fair amount less drag) than the 7.5" on a steeper setting. In other words, with that large a range of adjustment I think there's going to be a whole lot of overlap between the two. And for autocross speeds, you'll definately enjoy erring on the big side if you want anything noticable. If you don't have any front aero mods, just lay it down when you go to the track and be happy biggrin.gif . I'm of the opinion that these cars can use a decent increase in rear downforce relative to the front in stock form anyway.
CJ-TA
Argh.. look like an uber-dork at my events, or have a better handling car banghead.gif

What's the suggested size for HPDE's... I'm looking for DF while braking in the rear and some DF while going fast (100-130mph)

I have a stock front T/A bumper.
Jon A
The most people have the most experience at those speeds for roadcourse use with the 7.5", so I'd say that's the safest bet for that use at the moment. Numerous people can share with you setup advice for that size right now. I'll likely be sort of plowing new ground. If you were autocrossing as well or were about to add a big front splitter, you might lean toward the 10". That's my take on it at this point anyway.
CMC #37

I have the regular TA front end, er, well, I did. Now I have a Formula front end and a WS6 hood. Picking up the car from the body shop next week!
Blainefab
QUOTE (SSTAT @ Oct 24 2006, 09:01 PM) *
If this hits 20% im in for a road race version and a black 1 1/4" Delrin shift knob to fit factory 97 hurst handle ($45 right?) - thanks for the opportunity, if this goes, send stickers
Pat

Great! It's looking good so far. It will be a few weeks before the spoilers will ship, if you want the knob right away PayPal me $45 + $4 USPO and I'll get one in the mail to you in a day or so.

I've gotta get more stickers made, thanks for the reminder.

Thanks!

Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296

QUOTE (CJ-TA @ Oct 24 2006, 11:47 PM) *
Argh.. look like an uber-dork at my events, or have a better handling car banghead.gif

What's the suggested size for HPDE's... I'm looking for DF while braking in the rear and some DF while going fast (100-130mph)

I have a stock front T/A bumper.

I agree with Jon - lots of folks with stock front ends are using the 7.5" on the road course and finding the car responds well to spoiler angle adjustments. The 10" is recommended for road course duty only if a very efficient airdam/splitter is used up front.
CJ-TA
What are we at in terms of discounts?

I'll (possibly) be in for a 7.5 if we go to max discount. Do you take CC's? smile.gif
CJ-TA
Thanks for talking to me Alan.. I learned a lot.

I'm in for a 10".
Blainefab
Well, we are at the 20% discount level, so I'll summarize here, and PM each of you with a total $ and payment request. Please review this summary and update me ASAP if I've made an error. Please send payment ASAP and I will get the Lexan on order. I am into 2 sheets and will have a couple available out of the 2nd sheet so will keep the GP open till Thurs Nov 2.

A big Thank You to all who have expressed interest in Blaine Fab's products. There are some shift knobs, axle packages, and a Ttop panel in this group also, so it's going to be a busy November for me!

Trackbird 7.5" 4th gen Camaro committed 43119

Marka 10" 4th gen Camaro committed 44514

Firehawkclone 7.5" 4th gen TransAm committed Bakersfield

Johns68 7.5" 4th gen Camaro committed Sacramento

Tony 7.5" 4th gen TransAm committed 35244

CJ-TA 10" 4th gen TransAm committed 78550

SSTAT 7.5" 4th gen Camaro committed Ashland KY

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
Blainefab
OK, I've PM'd or emailed everyone on the list with a request for payment - If you did not receive the request for payment please let me know. Please send payment ASAP, and if there are other interested folks, there will be 2 or 3 more spoilers available at the GP pricing.

Thanks to everyone for the orders!

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
Mojave
I am comitted to a 7.5" RR C4 shipped to 77845.
CJ-TA
Paid!
slowTA
I am on the fence about this like you wouldn't believe! I just decided to get my car painted over the winter, it will either be a custom charcoal over black (split somewhere above the door handles with a simple pin stripe) or all black. Either way the factory, almost 20 year old, spoiler is coming apart and I'm going to toss it. My other option is a fiberglass replica wrap around style. The price is about the same and weight savings should be huge for both!

The car is mainly an autocrosser/dust collector so it wont see much daylight. At my local autocrosses I usually don't go past second gear. So would the 10" CP version even do anything at speeds less than 70 mph? Also the car isn't a true CP car, it has motor work, springs, shocks, and subframe connectors with a full interior. Nothing special really! The car is street legal and I drive it to all of my events.
Blainefab
QUOTE (slowTA @ Nov 1 2006, 08:08 PM) *
The car is mainly an autocrosser/dust collector so it wont see much daylight. At my local autocrosses I usually don't go past second gear. So would the 10" CP version even do anything at speeds less than 70 mph? Also the car isn't a true CP car, it has motor work, springs, shocks, and subframe connectors with a full interior. Nothing special really! The car is street legal and I drive it to all of my events.

The 4+ square feet of spoiler surface will provide downforce at 70mph - whether it's significant on your car depends on a lot of other variables. It will certainly provide more downforce than the OEM spoiler.

It would probably be a PITA on a daily driver since the spoiler tends to collect road grime on the backside. I do use MR-10 coated Lexan so if cleaned properly will stay haze free for a long time.

Visually, the 3rd gen rear is shaped a lot like the C4 Vette pictured earlier in this thread - the clear Lexan, aluminum and stainless is set off nicely against a black car.

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
CrashTestDummy
I'm interested. I am in the process of designing something for our 3rd Gen F bird. This would be quicker. Are there any pics of one on a 3rd Gen? I would be interested in the 10" autocross version. thanks.

Aw crap! I read the fine print and realize I'm out of the order period. Thanks anyway. dry.gif
Blainefab
QUOTE (CrashTestDummy @ Nov 17 2006, 02:08 PM) *
I'm interested. I am in the process of designing something for our 3rd Gen F bird. This would be quicker. Are there any pics of one on a 3rd Gen? I would be interested in the 10" autocross version. thanks.

Aw crap! I read the fine print and realize I'm out of the order period. Thanks anyway. dry.gif

Actually, the orders I got have put me into a 3rd sheet of Lexan, and I'll have a couple more spoilers available at the GP prices. I have a template for a 3rd gen but haven't built one yet. I also have a 3rd gen T/A in the shop so could take a pic of the template on the car to give you an idea of what it would look like.

Lexan is due in next week, and I'll get going on fabbing them right away - I'll ship in the order that I received payment.

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
CrashTestDummy
QUOTE (slowTA @ Nov 1 2006, 07:08 PM) *
I am on the fence about this like you wouldn't believe! I just decided to get my car painted over the winter, it will either be a custom charcoal over black (split somewhere above the door handles with a simple pin stripe) or all black. Either way the factory, almost 20 year old, spoiler is coming apart and I'm going to toss it. My other option is a fiberglass replica wrap around style. The price is about the same and weight savings should be huge for both!

I discussed this with Mark Madarash at the last Tour we had here. He indicated that around 70, such a spoiler is just starting to make a difference. So, yeah, for most autocrosses, the thing is just eye candy. At a fast autocross, or a Time Trial, you might get some use out of it.
driver91
New member this week. Is there a 10" still available? Thanks
Blainefab
QUOTE (driver91 @ Nov 24 2006, 07:31 PM) *
New member this week. Is there a 10" still available? Thanks

Welcome to Frrax - Yes, a 10" is available at the GP pricing. PM me or email me at ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com with car model and ship to ZIP, and I'll quote you a shipped price.

Thanks!

Regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
Blainefab
All right! The first spoiler shipped Friday. I'll get a couple a week out - thanks in advance for your patience - I've got a total of 11 of them to build ;-) Most cars are down for the winter, but if anybody has an event coming up and needs to be moved up the list, let me know and I'll do what I can.

Just for grins - Each bracket has 14 holes - each hole get a mark punch, a drill punch, a pilot hole, and finish hole, and a deburr both sides. 5 brackets per spoiler x 11 spoilers = 4620 discrete operations. Oofda

And this is what $1000 worth of MR-10 Lexan looks like:

trackbird
Alan,

Again, it's no rush. But as you ship them, is is possible to post who's was shipped? I'm not even worried about tracking numbers, just so people know that it's on the way (if it's not too much of a pain in the butt).
marka
Howdy,

Alan, feel free to put me wherever you'd like on the list... I'm not going to be able to play with the car to install it for a few months anyway.

Thanks!

Mark
CrashTestDummy
Our 'off season' is the 30, or so days between the event the first weekend in December and the first weekend in January. We get no 'down' time. While it would be cool to come out in January sporting new lexan, this is something that can be added almost any time. Thanks for all your work.
CJ-TA
Got mine today.. Thanks Alan..

I have some really really choice words for the ignant tards at UPS on how they handled my package.

Let me just say that it was a day late, and traveled farther in Texas than it did from California to Texas.

Looks great on the car!
Blainefab
OK, getting close to wrapping up this project - spoilers shipped so far:

CJ-TA
Rip
SSTAT
CrashTestDummy

Shipping Monday:
Johns68
Mohave

Next up:
Marka
tonycook

Thanks!
CrashTestDummy
Mine's in Houston, but not at our house yet. banghead.gif Can't wait. We're expecting the coldest weather we have had all winter this week. Hopefully, it won't be too cold in the garage to drill and bolt.
Blainefab
I've got one blem spoiler available - I drilled 2 pairs of the bracket holes in the wrong place - If I redrill the holes and space the brackets evenly, there will be four 1/8" countersunk holes in the Lexan. I could fill them with clear RTV so they wouldn't leak, but will still be visible.

It is trimmed and edge finished as a 10" Camaro version - I could re-trim it as a 7" or 5", but can't trim it as a Firebird - all the holes would be wrong.

My loss is someones gain - 1/2 price, this one only: $220 as 10", $200 as 7", or $190 as 5" plus shipping

Blainefab
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Oct 26 2011, 01:45 AM) *
I've got one blem spoiler available - I drilled 2 pairs of the bracket holes in the wrong place - If I redrill the holes and space the brackets evenly, there will be four 1/8" countersunk holes in the Lexan. I could fill them with clear RTV so they wouldn't leak, but will still be visible.

It is trimmed and edge finished as a 10" Camaro version - I could re-trim it as a 7" or 5", but can't trim it as a Firebird - all the holes would be wrong.

My loss is someones gain - 1/2 price, this one only: $220 as 10", $200 as 7", or $190 as 5" plus shipping

The blem spoiler is sold

I'm also now making the spoiler to fit the Miata, and Fox Mustang
rlewi771
how about a sn95?
Blainefab
QUOTE (rlewi771 @ Feb 18 2012, 07:23 PM) *
how about a sn95?

Yes, can do

see: http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?showtopic=15600
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.