Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Message from Strano Performance
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
Sam Strano
Today, 12/22 my Mom--Arlyn was wisked off to Pittsburgh to start Chemotherapy for Lukemia. It's all been very sudden, and I'm still in a state of shock to be honest. I mention this only because my Mom and Dad are the other two poeple involved in this business, and it's pretty clear that at least for a while I'll be the only one around much. As such, I have to beg for your understanding and patience. I'm taking over two other jobs, learn them, still do my technical work and deal with Mom's illness.

I still want to give the advice and be as helpful as I can. But there are now going to be less hours in the day for me to do that. I'm supposing that tech calls will become shorter and much more to the point from pure necessity. I am not going to stop taking those calls or cease helping folks. That's what put me where we are today. However, it might take a bit more time for me to return those calls or respond to e-mail. I ask for your understanding in this matter.

Please, please feel free to pass this along if anyone is looking for me and I haven't been able to respond.

Thank you all, and I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.
Houston
I'm sorry to hear this news. Your mom has always been so nice on the phone.
trackbird
Sam,

I'm sorry to hear that mom is ill. If there is anything I can do, just call.
Racer X
Sam, I'm really sorry to hear that. Please tell your mom that we're all thinking of her.

Likewise, just call / email if you need anything.
slowcamaro
My best wishes to both of you.
firehawkclone
So sorry to hear this Sam. Your mom is such a nice, caring, wonderful woman! Always there to talk and to make sure my sale goes easy and painless. Going way beyond the "normal" to make sure this happens!

I wish her and your family a speedy recovery from this!

This sadden's my heart my friend.
mitchntx
I have been where you are twice now. I feel your emotion.

My prayers for you and your family.
slowTA
Sam, I wish you and your family the best. Hopefully you'll be able to help your mom as well as you've helped the rest of us.
Jeff97FST/A
When ever I've spoken with Arlyn she made me fell like I've know her for years. Wonderful lady!

My thoughts and prayers to her and your family, Sam.
Doug Phillips
Best wishes to your Mom and your family Sam. Hope things go well.
RichJ
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Dec 22 2006, 06:58 PM) *

I wasn't sure how to respond to this post but what Mitch said about sums it up. I've gone through this twice as well -- sister (Leukemia) and dad (Lymphoma). And while I don't know Sam well at all, reading this sort of bummed me out for the rest of the day.

Medicine has come a long way over the years in treating cancer, particularly leuikemia. I wish your family and your mom well in fighting this.
cccbock
QUOTE (RichJ @ Dec 22 2006, 09:00 PM) *
QUOTE (mitchntx @ Dec 22 2006, 06:58 PM) *

I wasn't sure how to respond to this post but what Mitch said about sums it up. I've gone through this twice as well -- sister (Leukemia) and dad (Lymphoma). And while I don't know Sam well at all, reading this sort of bummed me out for the rest of the day.

Medicine has come a long way over the years in treating cancer, particularly leuikemia. I wish your family and your mom well in fighting this.

Sorry to hear the news Sam. Certainly explains why I never got a call back this week.

Best wishes for your mom and the whole family.

Please call me at your convenience, I need some stuff including that last set of offset bushings. Cell 352.214.1206

Bock
rushman
Sam, best wishes to all, we know Strano's win.
JimMueller
I'm so sorry to hear that, Sam sad.gif She always treated me like an adopted son on the phone. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Absolut Speed
Sorry to hear. Chemo blows, but it helps to remember that all the negative side effects just show how the chemo is working to fight the bad cells. Best to y our mother and hopefully your family has found a good doctor to help you through.
TOO Z MAXX
Very sorry to hear this bad news Sam. I wish you and your family all the best and will hoping for good results.
BenZ28
Sam, my best wishes to you and your family.

Ben
KeithO
Best wishes to you and your family, Sam.
SexOnWheels
QUOTE (Houston @ Dec 22 2006, 03:30 PM) *

+1 and I too wish Arlyn and your family a speedy recovery from this!
UKCamaroSS
QUOTE (SexOnWheels @ Dec 23 2006, 08:29 AM) *
QUOTE (Houston @ Dec 22 2006, 03:30 PM) *

+1 and I too wish Arlyn and your family a speedy recovery from this!

+2

As always Sam, you (like everyone at StranoParts) are prepared to take a few minutes and explain the situation, (ensuring potential customers know why you might not be able to respond right away).... even in these trying times. Truly amazing customer service...

This can be beaten.... I wish your family all the best in what are sure to be tuff times ahead. As always Sam, you are prepared to take a few minutes and explain the situation.

UKCamaroSS
35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS
Sammy,

Hope Arlyn gets better soon.
rmackintosh
Very sorry to hear of this Sam.

I have always enjoyed working with you and your mom on getting parts for my car. You both have always been NOTHING but helpful.

Best Wishes to You and Your Family.
John_D.
Sam, sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out fine.
kookamunga
speedy recovery to your mom and best wishes
v7guy
My thoughts are with her and the whole family, she has made every call I've made a pleasure and brightened my day.
Jeff94TA
I'm very sorry to hear about your mom Sam. She is always so nice on the phone and I'm sure she is a very special person. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers.
GM01SS
Sam...........Our best to You, Mom and Dad..........We will keep you in our prayers and hope for a speedy recovery.

God Bless

Gary
Rob Hood
Sam, sorry to hear about this. Best wishes and prayers for you and your mom. She always takes the time to help out the customers!!

Rob
Machine
Best wishes for on your mom's recovery. I look forward to talking to her on the phone next year!

Matt
Crazy Canuck
Sorry to hear the bad news about your mom.... send her the best wishes for a prompt recovery, hoping the treatment goes very well.
She's really cool and friendly when dealing with people... hope she gets as close a service as she provides when she's in the hospital, and she's be treated very well.
kookamunga
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Dec 25 2006, 11:09 AM) *
Sorry to hear the bad news about your mom.... send her the best wishes for a prompt recovery, hoping the treatment goes very well.
She's really cool and friendly when dealing with people... hope she gets as close a service as she provides when she's in the hospital, and she's be treated very well.

amen to that
00 Trans Ram
Sam,

I wish there was something I could do. My mother fought breast cancer twice - and won. This year is her 15 year anniversary. If there is anything that we, or I, can do to help with the business, just let us know. Your mom is the most important thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Sincerely,
Matthew

PS: Seriously, if we can help with some of your "no-brainer" tech e-mails or something, just post-em up then cut-n-paste the answers. It may save you at least a little time.
Formula WS6
Best of luck to you and your family Sam. She's in my prayers.
Sam Strano
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words (and so does Mom), I told her that you guys sent your best......
CMC #37
Just saw this, please give my best to Arlyn. She's a tough old broad, she can beat it! smile.gif
Crazy Canuck
any more news ?
axoid
Best wishes to your mom, and for a fast recovery.
Sam Strano
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ Jan 2 2007, 01:59 AM) *
any more news ?

On Christmas Eve her Spleen ruptured in a huge way, and only by pure luck did they realize what was happening since the CT Scan tech didn't do a contrasting test to show what was clotting vs. what was actual spleen (as was ordered, and the doctor has filed a formal complaint). Basically she had about 5 units of blood in her from the spleen which wasn't even really there anymore. That could have been the end right there, but she's recovering from that surgery now. Can't start the big-time Chemotherapy for another 10 days or so, but they have her on some sort of low-dose thing that suppresses, but doesn't kill the cancer....

Again, I appreciate all the concern, and Mom was very happy to hear that some of the folks she talks to were also concerned and wanted to wish her well.
trackbird
Wow. I'm glad to hear that they managed to catch that one. That could have been really bad.

Keep us posted, glad to hear she's doing well (all things considered).
sgarnett
She is indeed very lucky to have survived the snafu. A ruptured spleen is very serious even when diagnosed correctly up front. She made it through, though, so tell her to keep up the good work!
kookamunga
hopefully there are no more suprises and a speedy recovery is to come
SLICK1851
QUOTE (kookamunga @ Jan 12 2007, 11:58 PM) *
hopefully there are no more suprises and a speedy recovery is to come

sorry to hear
Crazy Canuck
what;s the latest news on the recovery ?
kookamunga
hope things are going well

were all pulling fer ya
Sam Strano
First round of chemo didn't take, still 30% blast cells. Round two started, more targeted this time. Looking at least another month of her being in the Hospital and hoping it works this time.

We appreciate the support from everyone. Thank you.
Happy_Dan
Sorry to hear that bad news. I will add your mom to my prayer list.
kookamunga
so hows the recovery going?
v7guy
I was wondering about this the other day as well. How are things?
Arlyn Strano
QUOTE (v7guy @ Apr 29 2007, 03:02 PM) *
I was wondering about this the other day as well. How are things?

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone for their kind words and prayers.
Christmas eve was my one year anniversary of surviving. When my spleen ruptured my doctor told my
family that the chances of survival were very slim. He didn't know of any case where there was a survivor.
Nine units of blood and 5 hours later your prayers and good wishes worked. My doctor said he wasn't
just going to give up. And, for that I eternally grateful.
I've been in remission since Mar 7, my birthday. What a great present. I still spent a couple of weeks more
in the hospital. I have had 4 more rounds of inpatient chemo.
It took me until May to venture to the store and then for only a couple of hours a day.
I'm glad to say I'm back to work for 5 or 6 hours a day. And, loving every minute.
I will have tests mid January and every three months after that as long as I stay in remission.
There's a 35% chance of long term survival with just chemo, but a transplant is always possible if
necessary. (Sure hope I don't have to go that route.)

I just want you all to know how much I truly appreciate all the kind words. I don't know you all by your
screen names, but I have spoken the many of you since I have been back to work and your encouragement
had been uplifting.

Thank you all and have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year...

Affectionately,
Arlyn
rpoz-29
That is good news. I hope you had a Merry Cristmas, and that your New Year will be joyful and prosperous.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.