Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: LS1 peeps, what goes here?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
patred

Hole in front of the MAF ... some kind of sensor, but what's it called? Mine has somehow ended up missing in its journeys.

Pat
BigEnos
I have an LT1 (as you know), but I think that's the IAT (Intake Air Temp.) sensor hole. Not sure what the car does in lieu of seeing that reading. unsure.gif
GlennCMC70
that it - IAT sensor.
NataSS Inc
Ummmm, yeah.....you might want to get that replaced as quick as possible. Its one of the things that helps the computer decide how much advance to give you based on intake temps. I don't know if it goes to a default setting if its broke or in your case missing all together but I would be willing to bet your throwing a SES light right now. I would be pretty suprised if you werent.
Spooner
Did you or the previous owner have a high-flow lid? If so, the IAT sensor was probably left inside of that when it was taken off. Good news is that it's an inexpensive part, under $20 IIRC, you should be able to source locally. The empty plug you see in the foreground is where it connects....
patred
QUOTE (Spooner @ Dec 27 2006, 12:57 PM) *
Did you or the previous owner have a high-flow lid?

I think it was left off just as an oversight when the engine was replaced, oh, almost two years ago (hasn't really seen much time on the road since I've had the car -- long story). I'm about to finally get it registered and whatnot and decided that it might need that thingie.

I actually noticed the wiring before the hole in the intake. I was trying to figure out where the plug went to and had to look at another LS1 car to figure out something was missing from mine! rolleyes.gif I is smart.

Pat
trackbird
As the car ages, the rubber seal becomes much less pliable. So, it gets quite difficult to remove the IAT from a "lid" that's been in use for a while. I'm guessing that's where yours went (off with the lid that was probably on that car).

Try your local parts store, they should be able to get you an IAT to fill that little spot you have reserved for it......wink.gif
Stang Killer
Without that sensor I belive you automaticly go into your low octane tables.(pulls a lot of timing)
CamaroFS34
I wonder if an IAT from an LT1 would work there... I just threw one out earlier today. I will dig it out, and you can try it, and see if that clears the code. Otherwise, I'll dig up the part number and swing by Delcoline later today and grab one for you. The LT1 part was about $12.

Karen

edit : I just looked up the ACDelco part number (213-243) and it's the same part for the '01 and the '96 cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.