Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PDA Skin?
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
marka
Howdy,

Any chance we can get a PDA skin added as a choice here?

Another Invision based forum I'm on has it as a choice, and its pretty nice when you're using your phone...

http://www.racepa.com/

Thanks!

Mark
trackbird
QUOTE (marka @ Mar 10 2007, 01:02 PM) *
Howdy,

Any chance we can get a PDA skin added as a choice here?

Another Invision based forum I'm on has it as a choice, and its pretty nice when you're using your phone...

http://www.racepa.com/

Thanks!

Mark

Are you talking about the "lo-fi" version? We already have that, or is there a complete skin for PDA's and phones?
marka
Howdy,

No, there's an entire skin for pdas. lower left selection box.

Mark
marka
Howdy,

Kevin, any input on this? A PDA skin would really be cool...

Mark
trackbird
I've been busy tearing down the car and forgot to look into it. I'll do some digging.
marka
Howdy,

Btw, this appears to be the skin that RacePA is using...

http://app-o-rama.com/ipb/pda.htm

Is this a big deal to put on the frrax site? It would be super helpful for those of us with windows mobile devices...

Mark
trackbird
Interesting. $200 is a bit steep for no more than it might get used. I wonder how many people use PDA/mobile devices here? That might be the main consideration. And, I'm planning to change software to another board design, I've just been trying to decide when (since I just renewed our support for another year). I'll have to see if the other software uses PDA skins, or has it as an option.
DanKeen
It's only $200 if you want to remove the copyright notice. You should be able to just slap it in here.

I don't need it (booyah!), but I'm sure others might appreciate it.
trackbird
QUOTE (DanKeen @ Apr 13 2007, 02:38 AM) *
It's only $200 if you want to remove the copyright notice. You should be able to just slap it in here.

I don't need it (booyah!), but I'm sure others might appreciate it.

I'll have to re-read that, I read it that you can't make any changes without paying the $200. Now, will we need to make changes? I'm not yet sure what it will look like, so maybe not.
marka
Howdy,

Yeah, its only $200 if you make changes beyond the ones they allow. Well, and if you care about their dorky rules... Personally I'd leave the copyright on there and change whatever I wanted otherwise.

Sounds like the only thing you really need to change is the name for the skin used when you click the "full" button to switch skins back.

I use the skin on RacePA and its been nice. Better than any other, though the button for "go to the last post in thread" could be bigger...

Mark
CJ-TA
I'd use it on my PPC-6700....

I use low-fi on the phone now...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.