Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaine Fab reinforced sway bar brackets
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > Advertiser Sales & Group Purchases
Blainefab
Announcing the Blaine Fabrication reinforced sway bar bracket:

- MIG welded .083" steel plate triangulates two of the four mounting points, with flared hole for increased rigidity.

- donor brackets are brand new, genuine GM stock

- Clears ABS/CC/etc: useable on a completely stock car, LT1 or LS1

- available 'as welded' with no finishing for $65/pr + shipping + sales tax in CA

- available with gloss black powder coat for $85/pr + shipping + sales tax in CA

I generally have both powder coated and as-welded brackets in stock

To order, call or PM or email me ZIP code for shipping, I will return with total cost. I accept PayPal, if you don't have a PayPal account let me know, I can email you an invoice that makes it easy to pay with a credit card without having to set up an account.

Shop phone is 831 427-3296 email: ablaine (at) cruzio (dot) com

Thanks and regards,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
Jon A
Email sent.
Blainefab
The first batch of six pairs are all sold - the powder coated versions ship today. Thank you to all who ordered. I've got another 5 pairs of brackets on order from GM, should have them ready for welding by the end of next week.

Thanks again,
Alan Blaine
Blaine Fabrication
831 427-3296
Blainefab
2nd batch is sold, I just ordered another 10 brackets from GM. Looks like about half the orders are powder coated, and half as-welded.
cccbock
QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 8 2007, 03:28 AM) *
2nd batch is sold, I just ordered another 10 brackets from GM. Looks like about half the orders are powder coated, and half as-welded.

Put my new brackets on Sunday.

Fits like a glove.

Thanks Alan
bowtieboy
Received mine, and the quality is great !
~ but I expected such smile.gif
pkincy
I suppose that I should buy a pair as I have broken the right mount twice.

Let me know when you have a set available, Alan.

Powdercoated is pretty, but if you think as welded with a good coat of Rustoleum paint is just as good although not as pretty I will take the plain version.

Perry
gunslinger
What is the purpose of these mounts? Is there a problem of Autox cars breaking sway bar mounts?
What about daily drivers with lots of miles?
JasonWW
QUOTE (gunslinger @ May 23 2007, 12:42 PM) *
What is the purpose of these mounts? Is there a problem of Autox cars breaking sway bar mounts?

With the stiff springs, big swaybars and firm shock damping combined with tossing these heavy cars around, the brackets have been known to break.

I think maybe the right side mounts also get weakened some by battery acid leaking down on it.
gunslinger
Should the stock Brackets be checked at a certain mileage?
I have stock springs and Koni SA's, but I am looking to buy some Strano Bars here shortly. Would these be a wise upgrade while installing the bars?
JasonWW
Sometimes they just break. It's not a dangerous situation though. The car will just feel sloppy in the front. Some folks can't even tell when it breaks. It doesn't hurt to look them over real good for cracks especially on a higher mileage car.
Blainefab

The mounts are new OEM pieces that have been reinforced with a steel plate (the part with the flared hole) welded on. The stock part tends to break on a car that has an aftermarket solid or large dia sway bar installed, and then cornered vigorously, like in autox.

Normally, just high mileage on an otherwize stock, undamaged car will not cause them to break, but:
Other things that can break the stock mounts: impact with a curb or road debris, or a tow truck operator using the sway bar to pull on the car. The mounts tend to collect a puddle of water so in some climates rust could weaken them over time.

Symptoms of a broken swaybar mount would be a different feel to the steering in right turns vs left turns, or audible clunking/rattling. Other things can cause these symptoms, too. The mounts can mostly be inspected visually, tho there is a plate on the drv side that covers up part of it. Run a fingernail along all the edges of the mount to feel for a crack.
Speedtoys
QUOTE (Blainefab @ May 23 2007, 02:45 PM) *

The mounts are new OEM pieces that have been reinforced with a steel plate (the part with the flared hole) welded on. The stock part tends to break on a car that has an aftermarket solid or large dia sway bar installed, and then cornered vigorously, like in autox.

Normally, just high mileage on an otherwize stock, undamaged car will not cause them to break, but:
Other things that can break the stock mounts: impact with a curb or road debris, or a tow truck operator using the sway bar to pull on the car. The mounts tend to collect a puddle of water so in some climates rust could weaken them over time.

Symptoms of a broken swaybar mount would be a different feel to the steering in right turns vs left turns, or audible clunking/rattling. Other things can cause these symptoms, too. The mounts can mostly be inspected visually, tho there is a plate on the drv side that covers up part of it. Run a fingernail along all the edges of the mount to feel for a crack.

And as a tow truck operator ON racetracks, an unprepared, or stripped car, can many times lead to _no other alternative_ than to pull you by the sway bar.

And nothing will ever ever break doing that if you follow our directions (keep the rope tight, always).

So..ya..for track use, you need these.

(And a CCR approved lift point as well, not just pull, LIFT)
Blainefab
I've got 3pr as-welded in stock remaining of the 3rd batch. I'll probaby commit 2pr of them to powder coating next week for stock.
JKnight
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Jun 10 2007, 05:08 PM) *
I've got 3pr as-welded in stock remaining of the 3rd batch. I'll probaby commit 2pr of them to powder coating next week for stock.

Alan, we'll take a set. I'll PM or email you later tonight or tomorrow (Soprano's is almost on!). I've got an air dam and nerf bar question as well.

Jason
LT4Firehawk
Just sent you a PM, guess I'm the newest member of the broken passenger side bracket club. wink.gif Glad I finally found it, I'd been noticing some clunking/poping from the passenger side for about a month, but hadn't been able to find anything (was looking at the brakes, shock, etc). Both angle arms broke, and then the bolts mounting the bracket to the body backed out completely so the bracket was just hanging loose.
Blainefab
QUOTE (LT4Firehawk @ Nov 4 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Just sent you a PM,

I just sent you a shipped cost - I have them in stock for immediate shipment.

Thanks!
Rob Hood
You've been busy making those boogers, haven't you! smile.gif Glad I got mine when I did! 2thumbs.gif
Blainefab
QUOTE (Rob Hood @ Nov 5 2007, 11:13 PM) *
You've been busy making those boogers, haven't you! smile.gif Glad I got mine when I did! 2thumbs.gif

Ya, you betcha! I just had a batch of 300 of the reinforcement plates laser cut - they turned out perfect, no grinding needed before welding them in place. Next I'll do the same for the brake duct plenums so their build time drops from WTFtoolong to something more reasonable.
96Silverram
Blainefab,
Just wanted to post, I installed this item finally and it's a really nice piece for the money. Thanks !
maximumvelocity
You still have these in stock? Bolt in? Broke my passenger side, and want to replace both.
Blainefab
QUOTE (maximumvelocity @ Jun 16 2008, 12:38 PM) *
You still have these in stock? Bolt in? Broke my passenger side, and want to replace both.

Right now I have 1 pair of as-welded in stock, can ship tomorrow. PM me with ZIP code for shipping cost.

I am out of powder coated now, but I have a fresh shipment of new brackets due in this week from GM, and they will be back from the powder coater by the end of next week.

Yes, they bolt in using the OEM bolts.
KCC455
What has been the feedback for the reinforced front sway bar mounts from the users? It looks like these have been out for a while, so I am curious to hear feedback.
Thank you.
sgarnett
Mine were made by SLP, but the design is similar (also a modified production bracket). They are holding up fine.
Blainefab
QUOTE (KCC455 @ Mar 7 2009, 07:25 PM) *
What has been the feedback for the reinforced front sway bar mounts from the users? It looks like these have been out for a while, so I am curious to hear feedback.
Thank you.

No one has yet reported bending or breaking one. There were a few early parts that had some coating residue in the threads, so now I'm running a tap thru all the threaded holes after powder coating and before putting them in the stockroom.

I've sold approx 40sets so far, have stock on hand both powder coated, and as-welded.
Jeff94TA
QUOTE (KCC455 @ Mar 7 2009, 11:25 PM) *
Thank you.

I bought a set of Alan's brackets last April and couldn't be happier with them. They are a quality piece and expect them to last a long time.
JKnight
We got the car back from Alan last week, and he mentioned that the swaybar brackets were askew. I had a set of his reinforced brackets already, and put them on over the weekend. I grabbed some pics of the old brackets.

Definitely less than optimal.

Jason
wdtiger
QUOTE (JKnight @ Mar 29 2009, 04:32 PM) *
We got the car back from Alan last week, and he mentioned that the swaybar brackets were askew. I had a set of his reinforced brackets already, and put them on over the weekend. I grabbed some pics of the old brackets.

Definitely less than optimal.

Jason

Holy crap! I'm gonna have to get under mine when it warms up and see how my stockers are holding up.
Blainefab
Thanks for posting the pic, Jason. It's not visible in the pic, but one of the legs has a crack started.

I think you'd be surprised how many cars are running around with cracked brackets - my SOP is to run my fingernail along the edges of the four corner supports - a crack usually starts on one of these edges.

Remember the slit in the D bushing faces forward.
Blainefab
These have been a pretty steady seller, a couple sets a month go out the door. I'm keeping them in stock in the black powdercoat.

I recently had a request for red powdercoat, so built a couple sets in red, and they all sold, so I'm considering building a batch in red for stock. Black will remain the standard.

I've sold very few as-welded, so do not stock them, orders for as-welded will wait till I make a buy of brackets from GM.

I have added the reinforcement to customers used, good condition brackets for $50/pair, and I have sold just the reinforcement plates, with flared hole, to DIY welders for $25/pair
Blainefab
Bump for a reminder for the new folks on Frrax - the OEM 4th gen swaybar brackets are prone to cracking when driven vigorously - if the car all of a sudden feels different going one way vs the other, check your brackets for cracks.

I'm putting a batch into stock this week.
Pony Exp.305
I will keep in my mind..What about Panhard bracket and LRB?
Blainefab
QUOTE (Pony Exp.305 @ Sep 30 2013, 10:23 AM) *

I have the swaybar brackets in stock in black powdercoat, and I have one set as-welded.

For LCA relocation I've been using the UMI 2010 brackets, Summit stocks them.

For Panhard lowering, Jason@UnbalancedEngineering.com makes the best.
Pony Exp.305
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Sep 30 2013, 02:08 PM) *

I have the swaybar brackets in stock in black powdercoat, and I have one set as-welded.

PM sent for "AS welded" swap bar
Blainefab
QUOTE (Pony Exp.305 @ Oct 3 2013, 06:59 AM) *

PM replied
Blainefab
QUOTE (Pony Exp.305 @ Oct 3 2013, 06:59 AM) *

Dusty - Let me know if you need these right away, sales have been good on the brackets, I'm starting another batch. If you don't want them right away I'll have more in a couple weeks.
V84ME
Bump on checking the sway bar brackets. I heard a clicking a couple of days ago, but didn't really notice a change. My passenger side bracket come off in four pieces. Not wanting to park the car, I was going to spend a couple of hours welding, but I wasn't confident that I could keep the holes in alignment. Lucky for me the local Pick n Pull had a 98-02 I could pull the bracket from.

I should have ordered a set a few months ago when I first read this post.
Blainefab
My current batch is going fast, they must fit in a stocking. The last as-welded sold today, I've got 3 pairs of powder coated in stock. I'll start another batch next week but they probably won't be ready for Christmas.
Blainefab
My marketing dept reminded me that I haven't posted any pics of the brackets installed on a car, so I dug these up:

SuperMacGuy
I got a set a year or two ago. I highly recommend! I did need to deburr and plane an edge down slightly to make it fit flush, but no biggie.
Blainefab
I have another batch of brackets in process. I'll have the as-welded version available for a while.

$65/pair as-welded

$85/pair gloss black powder coated
BumpaD_Z28
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Feb 19 2014, 05:15 AM) *
I have another batch of brackets in process. I'll have the as-welded version available for a while.

$60/pair as-welded

I'd like a pair of the as-welded ... Available for order now ?
BumpaD_Z28
I got 'em today ! THANK YOU 👍
FlatBlack
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Feb 19 2014, 12:15 PM) *

$60/pair as-welded

I sent an email through your website but I would like a pair of the as-welded brackets as well.
Blainefab
QUOTE (Blainefab @ Feb 19 2014, 04:15 AM) *

$60/pair as-welded

I've got a couple sets each Powder coated and as-welded in stock for those winter builds.

They fit a size 13 stocking.
Blainefab
I just put another batch into stock, both as-welded and powder coated brackets are ready to ship.

$65/pair for the as-welded or $85/pair for the powder coated, plus shipping, and CA sales tax for orders shipped to a CA address.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.