Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Happy Birthday Adam! (87ciz)
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
trackbird
Happy birthday!

For anyone who missed it, Adam is the new owner of my 2002 Z28 and a new member here as well.
John_D.
Happy Birthday, and congrats!
cccbock
QUOTE (trackbird @ Apr 18 2007, 02:00 PM) *
Happy birthday!

For anyone who missed it, Adam is the new owner of my 2002 Z28 and a new member here as well.

Are we allowed to tell him what we know about you and your car....? rotf.gif

Happy Bday Adam
trackbird
Bock who? I don't see an account for anyone named Bock..... rotf.gif
87ciz
thanks guys

is there something your not telling me Kevin? dry.gif lol

loving the car! and actually birthday was eh.... i got hit all at once for all the money I had I'm broke! lol tags for both camaros, insurance for both, and a car payment all due at the same time! Plus a code 33 on the Iroc that i have yet to track down.. MAF or MAP sensor high voltage or something. Took the 02' to Kentucky Motor Speedway and did some laps in it today, I had a great time. Being with the NKYFBA guys I realized an exhaust is needed, it's a little too quiet ph34r.gif cutout goes on this week shhhhhh
trackbird
That car has won an SCCA championship (2005 Street Mod 2 with the Ohio Valley Region SCCA), otherwise, not much to tell.

Code 33. Off the top of my head, have you checked/adjusted the TPS? Set it to .67 volts maximum (again, off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure that's the maximum). See if that changes things. I'd have to pull out my old books (that are at my friends house) and see if there is any other info there.

Cutout? You're modding my remarkably stock car?.... 2thumbs.gif It took me years of not doing any mods to that car to keep it as stock as it was when you bought it. banghead.gif Actually, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it and going to start modding it in a proper fashion. I kept debating doing cams, etc and just never decided to actually get moving on it, so, the drivetrain is quite stock (besides the tuning and clutch/flywheel). Sounds like you're going to fix that properly. dry.gif You'll have to keep me/us posted on your progress.
87ciz
I'm working on mimicking a ftra or ssra cold air setup then that'll be it for awhile. lol I'm stingy with my money so the cheap mods are coming now. Then after it's paid off I'll probably start saving for heads, headers, cam, exhaust and a dyno tune. That or I'll start saving for my 3rd gen project I've placed on the back burner. And well I talked my dad into updating the 79 since it's not completely original anyway, so let's just say the 88 may no longer have the forged ls2 shortblock it's got a new home destined for it.... so alot of new ideas and projects in action. And the $10 an hour office job doesn't cut it. The 87 iroc serves as a pizza delivery car for the moment until i find a beater banghead.gif oh yeah since the ls2 may be leaving the 88, the reason for the change you ask? The LSX blocks are going to be rolling out very soon from GMPP and well can accomodate 508ci very easily..... i just don't know if i want the iron block, that's the only downfall from the ls2 with l92 heads and l76 intake i had planned on building, i really don't want the extra weight. so decisions decisions...
87ciz
here'sd what i did saturday with the NKYFBA check out your former ride Kevin alot better pictures than my camera phone lol

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j69/Deli...=1177276693.pbw
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.