Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad Day in Rantoul
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Community > General Discussion
Absolut Speed
Apparently we can look forward to even higher insurance rates for SCCA events next year....

I gather this was from Central Illinois (Rantoul). Don't know the details, but the fifth hand story was the guy lost it in a slalom, skidded until he hit grass, at which point it caught and flipped. Rumor is the put on a spare tire, rolled it back over and the guy drove it away.

killer_bluebird
WOW! This is not good. Pretty soon you'll need to be required to get a Cone Carving Competition license, or a required class you need to attend to ensure nutjobs that think they are Michael Schumacher don't get too frisky on the course.
steve-d
Notice the aircraft... I can imagine his thoughts as to the relative safety of the endeavors involved!!
Crazy Canuck
yikes !
reminds me of a similar accident... but on flat asphalt... a swift w/ stock suspension on race-rubber doing a slalom going too fast, and not letting go to not get a DNF. every turn of the slalom was worse and worse until the wheel actually dug on the asphalt and made the car tip/roll.

Hope the driver is not injured.
if the guy drove out of there... wonder if he's gonna roll the car in a ditch.
ws6transam
Back in August '99 I went to a track day, and we had a participant go offroad with his parent's brand new Saturn SW2 which he promptly rolled (on a left-hander) and crushed in the roof at the driver's pillar. ( How you roll at Gingerman raceway is beyond me). Cracked his helmet on impact, too, and took an involuntary ride to the hospital for observation & X-ray.

The scuttlebutt later was when his parents showed up to check out the car, and mom was in tears because their son had apparently "lost" his own car to a bank, been dropped from his own insurance carrier, and was specifically excluded from the parent's insurance carrier, and was supposed to be at work that day, instead of being at the track.

Big "oops". I bet life sucked for him when his parents showed up at the hospital.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.