Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [/hijack off]
F-Body Road Racing and Autocross Forums > Administrative > Site Suggestions and Comments
AndyJ
Kevin,

Could you do me a favor and check why [/hijack off] doesn't work with troll JasonWW? Seems every other thread I have read for the last week has been subverted to talk about his F-body abortion of a car. Obsessions about wheel travel and header skid plates and rollers for front air dams is just plain freaking me out.

I wake up in the morning and dread logging in to the new posts, thinking I will see JasonWW straight down the list with more bizarre thoughts about chopping up one our beloved F Bodys for some *wink wink* undisclosed reason. He reminds me of those crazy desert guys in Road Warrior with the weasel head hats and spiky leather breastplates. I mean all that crap served no purpose under the sun on God's green Earth but it did look cool in a distorted sorta way and I know the guys went to some trouble catching those weasels and you have to give them just a smidgin of credit for coming up with the idea of weasel hats and all but still yet.... What does it mean?

Sometimes when I have more Miller Lite than is prudent I think maybe he is a Democratic spy sent here by the minions of Hillary to subvert all of us. Next thing you know we will be talking about those sheet metal wingy things that stand up about 3 feet off the rear deck and those John Deere B pop pop fart can mufflers and those spinny covers on our wheels that sorta make me feel a little off kilter when I look at them.

So, all in all, I wish you would talk to your IT guy and get that [/hijack off] thing working so I could feel like I had some modicum of control. As it is now, I feel like I am spinning down into a black vortex of utterly useless ricer hell.

Your Friend,

Andy from Texas
sgarnett
[/hijack off] ????

I've never heard of it. Is this a way for one individual to limit only what they see, or is this a way for them to have "some modicum of control" over what everyone sees? If the latter, I understand the appeal at times, but the downside is a lot worse. That is, in my humble opinion, a job best left to the moderators to perform in moderation.

Or, perhaps the post above was "tongue in cheek" to make a point. I hope so.

Perhaps a purely hypothetical (wink, wink) example will help. Let's say somebody says something foolish at the beginning of a thread, like some idiocy about testing at 140mph in the city, but it could be anything, even just a bad technical idea. Let's further assume that some other well-meaning members question the choice of venues. Do we really want the original poster to be able to censor those critiques, leaving the original lunacy to appear condoned for lack of visible dissent? Keep in mind that the forum is a public, searchable archive.

Always remember, it cuts both ways wink.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 4 2007, 08:26 AM) *
Or, perhaps the post above was "tongue in cheek" to make a point. I hope so.

I think this part would be correct. ph34r.gif
sgarnett
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 01:39 AM) *
Next thing you know we will be talking about those sheet metal wingy things that stand up about 3 feet off the rear deck and those John Deere B pop pop fart can mufflers

I'm actually considering one of those wings (among other ideas) for the front of my trailer, a homebuilt (not by me), square-nosed job that could use some help in the aero department on the interstate (to reduce buffeting from turbulence that oscillates with a period of several seconds). Sometimes there is wheat among the chaff, and there's always going to be some chaff in the wheat wink.gif

Now, I wonder where I can find some bumpstop data ....
BigEnos
QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 4 2007, 06:48 AM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 01:39 AM) *
Next thing you know we will be talking about those sheet metal wingy things that stand up about 3 feet off the rear deck and those John Deere B pop pop fart can mufflers

I'm actually considering one of those wings (among other ideas) for the front of my trailer, a homebuilt (not by me), square-nosed job that could use some help in the aero department on the interstate (to reduce buffeting from turbulence that oscillates with a period of several seconds). Sometimes there is wheat among the chaff, and there's always going to be some chaff in the wheat wink.gif

Now, I wonder where I can find some bumpstop data ....

http://www.airtab.com/

These apparently do help.
sgarnett
I was really just trying to make a point, but nevertheless I was serious. I started a new topic in the Towing forum. Thanks for the tip, Enos.
trackbird
I can just build you an Aero Towing section.

No problem.
AndyJ
So is this thread hijacked? It is getting hard to tell. blink.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 10:13 AM) *

We needed a place to test the feature once we get it tuned up and working..... 2thumbs.gif
AndyJ
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 4 2007, 09:20 AM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 10:13 AM) *

We needed a place to test the feature once we get it tuned up and working..... 2thumbs.gif

Why heck yeah! That is why you are the Admin guy huh?
sgarnett
Have another Lite. You'll feel better beerchug.gif
AndyJ
QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 4 2007, 09:43 AM) *

Every day is Saturday at my house. 2thumbs.gif
trackbird
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 10:54 AM) *

That's it, I'm movin'. drink.gif
Unbalanced Engineering
Kevin, dude that is a funny ass solution to the issue. drink.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Jason S.
AndyJ
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 4 2007, 10:27 AM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 10:54 AM) *

That's it, I'm movin'. drink.gif

C'mon down!

Not having a wife opens up multitudes of possibilities as far as behavior goes. Plus, there is only one name on my checkbook.
trackbird
QUOTE (Unbalanced Engineering @ May 4 2007, 01:29 PM) *
Kevin, dude that is a funny ass solution to the issue. drink.gif

beerchug.gif

laugh.gif

Jason S.

Only the best for you guys. Now, which part? Moving or the new forum?

Andy, I guess that means I can't bring my wife along? 2thumbs.gif
AndyJ
QUOTE (trackbird @ May 4 2007, 01:21 PM) *
Andy, I guess that means I can't bring my wife along? 2thumbs.gif

man oh man, the ONLY thing I miss about being married is home cooking every night..

And you have Yankee Killer Cats too, right?
Unbalanced Engineering
Hey Andy,

Sounds like you just need to learn how to cook! smile.gif

Jason "re-learning how to cook himself" S.
Crazy Canuck
cooking is easy and fun !
My wife loves my cooking.
cccbock
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ May 4 2007, 05:33 PM) *

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY HIJACKED.....AGAIN

I taught my wife to cook.

my momma always used to tell me "if you want sumthin dun right, ya gotta do it yo self"

Bock
AndyJ
QUOTE (cccbock @ May 4 2007, 05:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Eugenio_SS @ May 4 2007, 05:33 PM) *

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY HIJACKED.....AGAIN

I taught my wife to cook.

my momma always used to tell me "if you want sumthin dun right, ya gotta do it yo self"

Bock

Gotta love it!

I am contemplating marriage yet again and she can't cook worth diddly. Maybe I should just move closer to my Mom? unsure.gif
trackbird
I do the majority of the cooking. My wife is too busy with school and if I want to eat, I have to cook it for both of us. Not that I mind, and not that she can't cook. But, I seem to enjoy making food, of course at my size, I like to eat it too.
v7guy
I'm personally a big fan of finding a girlfriend that cooks as you then have none of the obligations of a wife but get the benefits of cooked meals. This does of course contribute exponentially to a growing waistline, you may find yourself cooking for yourself again so that you can still fit in the new kirkey you just bought.

Andy, this is something you should seriously take into consideration, her not cooking may be a blessing.
AndyJ
QUOTE (v7guy @ May 4 2007, 08:16 PM) *
I'm personally a big fan of finding a girlfriend that cooks as you then have none of the obligations of a wife but get the benefits of cooked meals. This does of course contribute exponentially to a growing waistline, you may find yourself cooking for yourself again so that you can still fit in the new kirkey you just bought.

Andy, this is something you should seriously take into consideration, her not cooking may be a blessing.

This GF has some good points other than cooking.

She fits in a 16" Kirkey.

She will sit in that seat at 165mph and not scream like a banshee.

She is a better welder than me.
sgarnett
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 11:48 PM) *

Marry her quick!
trackbird
QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 5 2007, 08:28 AM) *
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 11:48 PM) *

Marry her quick!

If not, there are probably 50+ guys here who might. ph34r.gif
AndyJ
You can see my fast ridin', mig welding hoochie mama right at the end of this video.

Texas Mile 2006
v7guy
QUOTE (AndyJ @ May 4 2007, 09:48 PM) *
QUOTE (v7guy @ May 4 2007, 08:16 PM) *

You know, those are some really good selling points... she have a sister with similar skills? lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.