|
||||
Feb 9 2009, 05:52 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Nothing says 'I love you.' like a box of Hydroshoks ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Moderators Posts: 5,284 Joined: 23-December 03 From: Granbury, TX Member No.: 4 |
Just curious how many have scaled back, scaled back considerably or outright had to park your car because of the economy?
And along with that, how many have done any of the above, not based on actual events, but fear of something happening that would make curtailing your "fix" inevitable? For me, my regional race schedule hasn't changed, but the TnT days and out of region events have been scratched. And not because of being laid off or anything, just burying my coffee cans in the backyard in case I do. If I didn't have a great group of sponsors and wasn't able to trade instructing for registration, then the story would probably be differnet. |
|
|
|
![]() |
Feb 20 2009, 04:16 AM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Chapter 11 Racing ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 1,166 Joined: 15-February 04 From: Houston, Republic of Texas Member No.: 207 |
I'm not exactly in the safest occupation anymore, at least oil creeped up closer to $40/barrel. At least I've got a couple of years in with the company and have a reputation for being a good performer. I don't think I need to be worried about losing my job, but even if I did I don't think it would be hard for me to get another job. The house is paid down to $18,308, so I don't have to worry about losing that. I did scale back a bit for this year.... I was going to go race at the local dirt circle track, but luckily there was a cooling off period before the car was bought and I decided that giving heroin to a pothead is probably not a good idea. (In other words I did not need to get addicted to a different / more expensive form of racing). If I keep behaving I should be 100% debt free by the end of March of next year (2010), or so I hope.
But hey if you need money, live with your mother who hasn't paid her mortgage in 10 months, get food stamps and disability for 3 of your kids just go to Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and pop out 8 more parasites to suck up all the government cheese you can. |
|
|
|
mitchntx How has the economy affected your racing? Feb 9 2009, 05:52 PM
StanIROCZ QUOTE (mitchntx @ Feb 9 2009, 12:52 PM) I... Feb 9 2009, 06:01 PM
AllZWay QUOTE (StanIROCZ @ Feb 9 2009, 12:01 PM) ... Feb 9 2009, 09:58 PM
StanIROCZ QUOTE (AllZWay @ Feb 9 2009, 04:58 PM) QU... Feb 9 2009, 10:38 PM
trackbird I'm starting to consider (super seriously cons... Feb 9 2009, 06:52 PM
JustinID My job appears to be safe for now, but my wife... Feb 9 2009, 07:44 PM
codename Bil Doe Have the tax man reassess my property taxes . It... Feb 9 2009, 07:48 PM
CMC #37 I'm playing it event by event, which is ... Feb 9 2009, 08:00 PM
robz71lm7 My car pretty much just sits in the garage and get... Feb 9 2009, 08:12 PM
mitchntx QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Feb 9 2009, 02:12 PM) ... Feb 9 2009, 09:21 PM
trackbird QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ Feb 9 2009, 03:12 PM) ... Feb 10 2009, 03:15 AM
jensend As of the arrival of our new property tax bill and... Feb 9 2009, 09:30 PM
Beach Cruiser I feel pretty secure with my job as well, I work f... Feb 9 2009, 10:22 PM
Teutonic Speedracer Between wedding, house, etc., I've scaled back... Feb 9 2009, 11:19 PM
T.O.Dillinder I wasn't going to wheel to wheel this year due... Feb 10 2009, 12:30 AM
cccbock QUOTE (mitchntx @ Feb 9 2009, 12:52 PM) J... Feb 10 2009, 02:07 AM
rmackintosh This will be a cautious year......I "plan... Feb 10 2009, 03:06 AM
nape I've been pretty lucky to keep working lately.... Feb 10 2009, 03:35 AM
GaryK I haven't roadraced since '06. I've b... Feb 10 2009, 04:33 AM
rhit_rs Being in college right now seems to be a good thin... Feb 10 2009, 04:50 AM
z28jeff My wife and I both have recession-proof jobs. I do... Feb 10 2009, 12:19 PM
pknowles My racing season is being cut back because with th... Feb 10 2009, 02:45 PM
sgarnett QUOTE (pknowles @ Feb 10 2009, 09:45 AM) ... Feb 18 2009, 10:46 PM
Alien Like Mitch, I'm planning on making all of this... Feb 10 2009, 07:26 PM
koserv Glad to hear most all are still working and planni... Feb 18 2009, 08:45 PM
00 SS Sounds like you had a personal financial perfect s... Feb 20 2009, 12:30 AM
rmackintosh QUOTE (00 SS @ Feb 19 2009, 07:30 PM) I c... Feb 20 2009, 01:03 AM
sgarnett QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Feb 19 2009, 08:03 P... Feb 20 2009, 03:03 AM
35th_Anniversary_AS_Camaro_SS I'm not exactly in the safest occupation anymo... Feb 20 2009, 04:16 AM
gopanoz I work for Jared Jewelry. My income in 2008 was a... Feb 20 2009, 04:45 AM
killer_bluebird Let me see, In 2007 seeing that things where not l... Feb 20 2009, 12:13 PM
rmackintosh QUOTE (killer_bluebird @ Feb 20 2009, 07... Feb 20 2009, 05:38 PM
2manyfbods well guys, wish me luck. The third round of lay ... May 5 2009, 03:36 AM
nape Good luck. May the axe let you pass unscathed.
I ... May 5 2009, 04:34 AM
2manyfbods I made it through another day but, they still have... May 6 2009, 02:41 AM
Rob Hood We've gone through several rounds of layoffs a... May 6 2009, 04:42 AM
Beach Cruiser Well Corporate cutbacks hit my family too. I thou... May 6 2009, 01:43 PM
sgarnett Larry, I'm in the same boat - more layoffs ann... May 6 2009, 01:55 PM
2manyfbods QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 6 2009, 08:55 AM) L... May 14 2009, 12:30 AM
mitchntx QUOTE (2manyfbods @ May 13 2009, 07:30 PM... May 14 2009, 01:26 AM
2manyfbods QUOTE (2manyfbods @ May 13 2009, 07:30 PM... Jun 13 2009, 05:10 AM
00 SS The company I work for had it's first round of... May 6 2009, 04:29 PM
cccbock QUOTE (00 SS @ May 6 2009, 12:29 PM) The ... May 6 2009, 11:05 PM
roostmeyer I graduated in May and was laid off after being at... May 7 2009, 02:52 PM
Beach Cruiser QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Feb 19 2009, 09:03 P... May 7 2009, 03:38 PM
sgarnett When I married my second and present wife, we hone... May 14 2009, 01:17 AM
trackbird QUOTE (sgarnett @ May 13 2009, 09:17 PM) ... Jun 3 2009, 10:20 PM
robz71lm7 My strategy is diversifying my skills...well with ... May 14 2009, 02:18 AM
nape QUOTE (robz71lm7 @ May 13 2009, 09:18 PM)... May 14 2009, 03:55 AM
robz71lm7 QUOTE (nape @ May 13 2009, 11:55 PM) QUOT... May 14 2009, 04:36 AM
c4racer not the economy, but the decision to send my daugh... Jun 3 2009, 09:15 PM
sgarnett Wow! Sounds like you made a good call Jun 13 2009, 06:13 AM
rpoz-29 I work at DuPont's Spruance Plant just south o... Jun 13 2009, 12:44 PM
sgarnett And yet another round begins .... Aug 19 2009, 10:19 AM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 3rd October 2026 - 01:53 AM |