|
||||
Jan 3 2010, 07:39 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Member ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 208 Joined: 28-September 08 Member No.: 2,311 |
Watching "Love the Beast" on Speed channel got me thinking about it again, usually the idea doesn't pop into my head until mid summer when it is way too late to prepare or participate.
Anyone interested in trying to make a run at it? I have experience behind the wheel and navigating in TSD rally's, so I feel comfortable in either seat. Targa Newfoundland website: http://www.targanewfoundland.com/ Interest? Ideas? Questions? -Tim |
|
|
|
![]() |
Jan 29 2010, 04:57 AM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Member ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 208 Joined: 28-September 08 Member No.: 2,311 |
I have a long list of questions and such I plan to ask as well as paying attention to their message boards and the sites of some of the teams.
Things I already know: * Max speed allowed in stage is 124mph, transit zones must be taken at locally posted speed limits or there will be time penalties * There is also a spec fuel supplier, must run pump gas from the approved supplier(sponsor) and the only fuel additive allowed is also from a sponsor * Vehicles must be street legal, registered and insured. It is looking like I will be able to attend nearly the whole week, just gonna have to miss the last day or two. Another thing I have already noticed from the pics and notes, bring a rain coat. In the fall it rains some amount almost every day. -Tim |
|
|
|
Jan 30 2010, 02:14 AM
Post
#3
|
|
|
Experienced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 1,038 Joined: 29-December 03 From: Texas, USA Member No.: 62 |
Yeah, I've read through the rules and got most of it down... I think ;-)
What type of tires are the fast guys running? What is the total distance traveled for the entire event? What is the breakdown between Special Stage and Transit? What type of fuel is available and at what cost? Is the fuel measured the same? (USA = RON + MON / 2 ) I've rallied a good bit before and understand street legal and keeping it cool on Transit stages and all :-) Huge thanks...I'm way jealous you can go watch...I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. Costas cars and such... |
|
|
|
Mar 29 2010, 10:06 PM
Post
#4
|
|
|
Experienced Member ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 1,528 Joined: 13-January 07 From: Solebury, Pa. Member No.: 1,589 |
I've rallied a good bit before and understand street legal The ONLY way for Carl Merrill's (rest his soul) Escort Cossie RS to be 'street legal' would have been if he had put a base, stock, U.S. spec Escort's VIN plate on it!! (IMG:http://www.frrax.com/rrforum/style_emoticons/default/rotflmao.gif) Thank God for L.E.O.s who look the other way at all of the U.S. performance/PRO stage rallies!! |
|
|
|
NJSPEEDER Any one intrested in running a Targa? Jan 3 2010, 07:39 PM
Doug Phillips I know afew guys that have run this event. Great t... Jan 3 2010, 09:19 PM
DrivinSidewayz id do that in a second... if i had a car 2200 km ... Jan 3 2010, 09:19 PM
NJSPEEDER I doubt there would be any way I could pull it off... Jan 3 2010, 10:07 PM
CrashTestDummy It's supposedly quite an undertaking. Plan to... Jan 4 2010, 05:12 PM
NJSPEEDER Yeah, I am looking into going up and spectating th... Jan 4 2010, 06:43 PM
PF Flyer This is one of the events on my 'Short List... Jan 7 2010, 08:31 PM
NJSPEEDER If you are intrested, my brother and I am planning... Jan 8 2010, 04:41 AM
PF Flyer looks (a lot) cheaper to fly out of Newark Jan 11 2010, 08:34 PM
NJSPEEDER QUOTE (PF Flyer @ Jan 11 2010, 03:34 PM) ... Jan 12 2010, 04:31 AM
matt f QUOTE (NJSPEEDER @ Jan 11 2010, 11:31 PM)... Jan 15 2010, 08:06 PM
Shortcutsleeping Mkay, for whoever gets to go and spectate and ming... Jan 29 2010, 04:19 AM
Shortcutsleeping Take good notes please...I'm interested in run... Jan 11 2010, 10:22 PM
NJSPEEDER QUOTE (Shortcutsleeping @ Jan 11 2010, 05... Jan 12 2010, 04:27 AM
wannafbody check out this site
www.targamiata.com Jan 12 2010, 06:54 PM
ERVRCG Do the rally school. I did the rally school / tes... Jan 31 2010, 06:36 AM
Shortcutsleeping Well, my codriver and I have both stage rallied to... Feb 1 2010, 03:57 PM
dailydriver QUOTE (ERVRCG @ Jan 31 2010, 02:36 AM) Ti... Mar 29 2010, 10:11 PM
mitchntx QUOTE (NJSPEEDER @ Jan 3 2010, 02:39 PM) ... Mar 27 2010, 10:24 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 30th September 2026 - 07:12 AM |