|
||||
Aug 2 2016, 08:47 PM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 5,226 Joined: 24-December 03 From: Danville, CA, USA Member No.: 27 |
Hey Everyone!
Long time, no see! I have had my "only used once" full floater setup sitting in storage for a long time. Recently, I sent it to my gear shop to have it given the once over. He checked it all out and it was good but for a slightly bent axle tube. We had had them cambered before and took it to a race shop to have the axles put back to spec. Here are a few photos of the setup as it sits now: (IMG:https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8836/28728241535_3d3cd6e801_m.jpg) (IMG:https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/28728240855_5842c0a790_m.jpg) I can get more if there is interest. Here is the setup:
The housing was approx. $900 new, the center sections start at $2000 on Mark Williams site, and the brakes were around $1000 or so, and then axles, seals, etc...all adds up. Over $5000 in it new.... I am looking at a FIRE SALE on this as it has sat for a long time and needs a home. Was looking at $2000 OBO. Hoping to sell local in Norcal so I can deliver. Thanks Let me know Randy Mackintosh rmackintosh at comcast.net This post has been edited by rmackintosh: Aug 2 2016, 08:49 PM |
|
|
|
![]() |
Aug 2 2016, 09:43 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Advanced Member ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 744 Joined: 27-June 12 Member No.: 142,453 |
Sweet Jesus that's a deal. What's the camber on it? If I'm reading correctly - the slightly bent tube was repaired after the accident?
Would you be willing to ship? |
|
|
|
Aug 2 2016, 10:29 PM
Post
#3
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 5,226 Joined: 24-December 03 From: Danville, CA, USA Member No.: 27 |
Sweet Jesus that's a deal. What's the camber on it? If I'm reading correctly - the slightly bent tube was repaired after the accident? Would you be willing to ship? It was cambered. If I remember right, we cambered it at 1/2 a degree. I now some did more, but my rear end shop recommended less. I could get the details from him on it for you tho... I would be willing to ship, but because of the PITA factor of doing that, it would be my last resort. I will keep you in mind for sure! Thanks Randy |
|
|
|
rmackintosh Speedway Engineering 9" Full Floater Aug 2 2016, 08:47 PM
rmackintosh More photos...
Mackintosh 9 Inch 5 by Randy, on F... Aug 2 2016, 10:43 PM
landstuhltaylor So much want, so little bank account
Fucking tire... Aug 2 2016, 11:24 PM
79T/A Randy - totally understand not wanting to ship. Ke... Aug 2 2016, 11:37 PM
landstuhltaylor QUOTE (79T/A @ Aug 2 2016, 07:37 PM) Rand... Aug 2 2016, 11:59 PM
Steve91T QUOTE (landstuhltaylor @ Aug 2 2016, 07:5... Aug 3 2016, 12:09 AM
landstuhltaylor QUOTE (Steve91T @ Aug 2 2016, 08:09 PM) Q... Aug 3 2016, 12:16 AM
mkm QUOTE (landstuhltaylor @ Aug 2 2016, 07:1... Aug 3 2016, 03:13 PM
79T/A You got me beat dude, I typically got a full summe... Aug 3 2016, 12:07 AM
rmackintosh I had pretty good luck with the 10 bolt...but I am... Aug 3 2016, 12:48 AM
trackbird Hey Randy, it's great to see you around here a... Aug 3 2016, 12:50 AM
rmackintosh QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 2 2016, 07:50 PM) ... Aug 3 2016, 12:53 AM
trackbird I saw that the Vette recently came out of mothball... Aug 3 2016, 01:22 AM
rmackintosh QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 2 2016, 08:22 PM) ... Aug 3 2016, 06:11 PM
trackbird QUOTE (rmackintosh @ Aug 3 2016, 02:11 PM... Aug 3 2016, 06:24 PM
rmackintosh QUOTE (trackbird @ Aug 3 2016, 01:24 PM) ... Aug 3 2016, 10:32 PM
CrashTestDummy Welcome back, Randy. Yeah, some of that history NO... Aug 3 2016, 02:36 AM
rocky Glad to see you are still at it Randy! Aug 3 2016, 01:36 PM
landstuhltaylor Email sent Aug 3 2016, 02:11 PM
trackbird Well, it appears that I did miss one. I forgot abo... Aug 3 2016, 10:58 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 01:12 PM |