|
||||
Apr 21 2005, 01:42 AM
Post
#1
|
|
|
Dave B ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 292 Joined: 30-January 04 From: Whitby Ontario Member No.: 169 |
Yea, I have done the search but haven't got a great answer for how to do this. I gather there is a capacitor that is designed to fire the bag even without power from the fuse. Any idea how I could disconnect this? Also how about just removing the bag from the wheel? Is this easy to do?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Apr 21 2005, 02:43 AM
Post
#2
|
|
|
LS1 Inside! / Toolbox / Mechanical Engineer ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Advanced Members Posts: 2,215 Joined: 5-February 04 From: NJ Member No.: 179 |
QUOTE (Dave B @ Apr 20 2005, 20:42) Yea, I have done the search but haven't got a great answer for how to do this. I gather there is a capacitor that is designed to fire the bag even without power from the fuse. Any idea how I could disconnect this? Also how about just removing the bag from the wheel? Is this easy to do? Removing the airbag from the wheel is harder than you'd think. It requires pulling the steering wheel lock out, and disconnecting and feeding the wiring harness up throught the tightly packed steering column. To disarm the airbag, you need to pull the fuse, and disconnect the yellow airbag wire which is under the dash behind the kick panel (4 screws, 2 hex, 2 phillips). I always disconnected the passenger one too which is also behind the passenger side kick panel (just push clips). The whole thing takes about 5 minutes. |
|
|
|
Dave B Disabling Airbags for track use Apr 21 2005, 01:42 AM
PF Flyer ... yea, what he said. Apr 21 2005, 04:37 PM
Dave B QUOTE (Teutonic Speedracer @ Apr 20 2005, 20:... Apr 22 2005, 02:32 AM
PF Flyer ... no need to disconnect the battery, just pull t... Apr 23 2005, 04:04 AM
JonV Will the SRS light be left on when thisis done? Apr 24 2005, 03:04 PM
Teutonic Speedracer QUOTE (JonV @ Apr 24 2005, 10:04)Will the SRS... Apr 24 2005, 07:15 PM![]() ![]() |
| Lo-Fi Version | Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 08:21 AM |